Half Life 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

motoxer4533

Try again!
A few days ago I bought Half Life 2. I was really excited about playing, hearing that it was the G.G.O.A.T(Greatest Game of all Time).

However, it really is nothing special to me. I think it might be because I'm only on the 3rd interval, but it is just really boring and repetitive.

What do you guys think? Should I stick it out, or is it not even worth it?

you should stick it out, my friend. its not about imressive graphics or what cool guns you get...although i would like to use the sniper riffle myself...but thats not the point! its a great game overall. great story and plot and several puzzles to get you through it. i guess it also depends on what kind of FPS games you're into as well but it is a very highly recommendable game. i really doubt the greatest game of all time though. HL2 is just a really good game.

consider me obssesed

consider me obsessed.. with America's Army. I can't get enough of that **** game. lol..

but i think i will stick it out, all the 9 or 10 / 10 reviews cant be wrong.

Anyone else have an opinion?¿?¿?

Truthfully the first couple times I've played half life 2, I did think it was probably the greatest pc game of all time. Looking back... well it probably isn't, but definately the best fps of all time.

I think the game loses a lot of it's focus during the vehicle squences which are way too long... but the game really shines during the urban areas and also with the combine fights. I just think a lot of the alien fightning in ravenholm wasn't that necessary for the plot.

Ultimately, the game is amazing on a technical level and on a gameplay/story line level. The gameplay changes might not seem that revolutionary compared to other fps games though, and honestly there isn't really a huge difference if you don't care about the physics engine and whatnot. I could see how people could be bored with the game though so I tend to not criticize when people don't seem to like it.

"Should I stick it out"

What? I absolutely love HL2 and every single one of it's predeccesors. It might be a 'slow start' but it picks up in pace and soon you'll find yourself spending hours immersed in it. I got it during a long weekend, finished it during the long weekend.... I think I spent over 50 hours actually gaming... yah. Stick it out, it gets really entertaining and the story devlops even moreso.

HL2 is a good game, but of course it not greatest pc game of all time. There are many games that i enjoyed playing much more than HL2.

Also, HL2 is not as good as HL1. HL1 was longer than HL2, and it wasn't repetitive like HL2, and it had more puzzles.

HL2 is not as good as HL1, but the graphics improvement was nessicary inorder for counterstrike to live on, i think.

the puzzles from HL1 are reused alot. not just by hl2, but also other fps. i have found that if u played alot of hl1, pretty much every fps since then is pretty much a cake walk. i just finished quake 4 and it was probably about the easiest game i've played (on a problemsolving level)

the vehicle sequences are dumb. u just haul ace thru em and its like half of the game.

in all i was not impressed w/ the game hl2, but the multiplayer is so addictive, i've pretty much exclusively played steam games since hl2 came out

Greatest Game of All Time is a hard title to live up to especially since it's an FPS which is probably the most played out PC genre. To be honest I think Civilization II is probably one of the greatest games of all time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom