half life 2 from ebay

borat_sagdiyev

Golden Master
if i buy a used half life 2 from ebay, will the cd key still be useable? do i need it to play the game? or just for online...

Well.. I think it should be registered with a steam account, so you should be buying the steam account?

Im not sure, id like to know for sure too.

umm... yeah you'll need the cd key for hl2 to play single player if you plan to run it via steam. and the key better be useable... that's mainly what you're paying for.

john just buy a new game, it would really be too complicated and probly not work

If its unused your fine, If its used, It won't work....You can only use 1 CD KEY PER Steam Account, so that key is already issued to X steam account, and duplicate Steam accounts with the same key don't work. Believe me, I found out the hard way..

If you must go through ebay and a used HL2, the Steam account must be sold, then PW changed.

Yeah, it's only 10-15 dollars... Would end up being that much sold on Ebay with shipping and all.

Don't do it. Not only is it really easy to get screwed, most of those are were bought with stolen credit cards... which later get cancelled.. which means you spend money and get nothing.

Just buy the game retail or online through steam.. it will be a much smaller headache for you, I promise.

Back
Top Bottom