Half.com?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sup2jzgte05

In Runtime
Ok I have about 200-300 Cd's (no copies all bought at the store) and quite a few dvds as well, that I want to sell, but I dont feel like being ripped off by Ebay, so I was thinking about Half.com I know someone on here PM'ed me about using Half and how he liked it, but has anyone else sold on Half.com? If so what do you think about it?

i've sold books there plenty of times. it's extremely easy, i'd recommend it. half.com takes a small percentage of your sale, but it's worth it because they take care of almost everything. all you have to do is ship it to the buyer.

The way that I understood the fees and rules of how it works is like this.

I ship it at my expense and Half.com remburses me a set about for shipping, is that correct? Have you had any issues with having your bank account on file, that is what is really making me scared, because I know it is owned by Ebay, which has been hacked in the past.

Also how long it take for you to sell your sell?

the procedures may have changed in the past few months, but they way it worked for me was this:

you post your price for the item you're selling and you select your shipment type(s). half.com automatically calculates the shipping cost and adds that to the product's sell page. when a buyer buys your product, he/she also pays the amount for shipping. all you have to do is ship it.

-edit- also, i don't have an actual account on file, just a card #. that way if something DOES happen and ebay is hacked, I'm not liable for any fraudulent charges with my bank. adding an account is just for making payments on any fees you may be due, but I think you have the option to use your card (at least you used to)

half.com seems pretty cool..

do you have to live in the states to be able to use it? because i see that the shipping is fixed.. so i assume this is for the states only... but i'm not sure.. so thats why i'm asking.

ths shipping price, for books at least, is based on the ISBN number which helps half.com determine its weight. I'm not sure how the shipping is calculated for CD's and other items. Why don't you goto the website and find out for yourself?

ya i was just there they explain a crap load about shipping but they don't touch on international shipping

it must be US only because under my account for shipping options you can only restrict shipping to Alaska or Hawaii.

see if there's a half for UK, Australia, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom