Had a slight issue today...

From the looks of it, It appears to still being held up by one side, Is that the case? If so I would support the other side with a jack in case the other side goes and breaks more stuff, Unless you plan on scrapping the car that is.

Nah I have a feeling it's fine. He just needs a new motor mount put in and it will be good as new.

all is fine with her.. all it needed was a mount and a bracket.. no other damage to her at all, got it back now...

that last post was an understatement..

turns out the garage are muppets.....

theres an air leak between the turbo outlet and exhaust.. could be a £15 gasket.. could be a £1500 turbo.. no idea.. getting it looked at on friday, fun fun..

Hopefully there isn't any other serious damage.

That sure is a strange thing to open your hood and see the engine sitting crooked....lol

its the yearly inspection that cars have to have over here to make sure they are roadworthy..

having a service on friday, and im going to have them look at that too..

i knew it was something serious by the noises it made.. but i wasnt expecting that.. lol..

yearly?. Jeeze that would have to suck. It happens once in Australia when the car is first registered. Then there is random checks done occasionally. But it is more than likely that a car will not be checked for road worthiness more than once in it's lifespan unless it is sold.

Haha, inspections over here are sporadic. They aren't federally required, but some states require them. My state requires them, but most inspection stations only check the lights and tread depth in your tires and slap the inspection sticker on the front windshield. Some are picky, but most aren't.

In the state that neighbors us (Ohio), inspections are not required. You see cars driving down the road with the engine hanging out, or the rear bumper about to fly off. I'm also sure some of you UK and Aussie members have heard how bad our drivers from Ohio are, they are worldly known as the worst drivers.

Sucks to hear about your car, Mark. Hopefully its the £15 gasket and not the £1500 turbo. Good luck in getting it fixed.

Hah, no wonder one of my buddies can get away with driving his monster of a Focus around up there.

No inspections in Alabama, either. :D
But it also sucks cause every redneck has a truck with pipes that are loud as hell at ear level for me cause they are lifted 10 feet. :mad:

Back
Top Bottom