Hackin9 magazine survey (IT security)

lhuser

Golden Master
An IT security magazine by the name of hakin9 has asked ComputerForums to conduct a survey on their behalf.

If you wish to take part in this survey, please state the m specific type of Data Recovery Tool and then give an opinion about it. You can support yourself by following questions. Make it asa fully as possible:

1) Why have you / your company chosen this Data Recovery Tool? For what
type of recovery process did you need it?
2) What other DRTs have you considered and why did you ultimately not
choose one of those?
3) Have you used any other DRT? If yes, what DRT did you use before
and why did you decide to change to another?
4) How is it working with your computer? Does it meet your
expectations? What are the main advantages and disadvantages?
5) Did you have any problems or breakdowns? If so, what was the type of problem you experienced?

Conclusions
6) Would you recommend this DRT to other users / companies?
7) On a scale from 1 to 10, how would you rate your DRT? (1 is worst, 10 is best)

The results of the survey will be used in an upcoming issue of our magazine!

Thanks to all those that participate.

If you have any questions you can contact person responsible for consumers tests :
Piotr Musial
piotr.musial@software.com.pl
hakin9
www.hakin9.org/en

Worth to have done. Gives us also some feedback.

product: r-studio

1) came up on a google search, recovering data from a corrupt HDD
2) forget exactly, price was a big factor, and that the site had a working demo that could show me that it would recover the data before I paid for the tools
3) previously I had conducted data recovery of specific files using hex tools and reading raw information from the disk, using a symantec tool, I can't remember what that tool was though. changed because of the volume of files that I was recovering
4) works fine,
advantages, can save scanned disk images so that you don't have to scan for files again
disadvantages, comes in different flavors, can't recover fat32 drives with NTFS version
5) no
6) yes, been recommending it Via this forum ever since I first used it
7) 8/10,
works great, but limited in that it comes in NTFS version or FAT version, or Linux journal version, can get a suit but costs a lot for one time recoveries

Product: GetDataback for NTFS/FAT

1) It actually gotten my data back after a format. Not the music, as it was garbled.
2) None for now. I own one for personal use, if I ever need it.
3) Once I find a good one, I don't go elsewhere.
4) It works alright. An advantage is that it actually works. The disadvantage, but is required is the time of process. It scans the surface. Another one is that the trial doesn't work. You get a preview, but you need to buy it. Needless to say, I bypassed it.
5) No. I haven't used it that much for it to die on me.

Conclusions
6) Yes
7) 7.5/10

Back
Top Bottom