Hackers

compdude

In Runtime
What do you think about hacking?

I tell you what I think!!

I was playing CODMW2 last night and a guy was running super fast dodging my bullets and stabbed me!

I asked him how in the hell do you run so fast! he replies he hacked the game!

WTF with that? why do people these day have to hack, why not enjoy the game as it is.

I think its pretty impressive that cod is almost realistic and going around killing other players that look real is really kool

The closest game I found to being realistic is the Project Reality mod for Battlefield 2, it wasn't very fun for me though.

I don't know, takes all the fun out of gaming though. Some people just have no self pride, some just get on to be annoying and teamkill but it makes no sense to me. Anymore you pretty much have to find a niche of guys you get along with and have similar interests in, to know you're getting a fair game.

The closest game I found to being realistic is the Project Reality mod for Battlefield 2, it wasn't very fun for me though.

I love PR. It's sometimes tough to find a good game with guys that actually want to play tactically though. If you have the Source SDK engine in some form I'd recommend downloading Insurgency. It's a modern combat mod and it's had me addicted the past few days.. pretty fun.

Hacking has been around for years, and I totally can understand why. At the end its all about having fun. The fact that we might make the game experience not pleasant for others, doesn't really bother people on that level and I cant blame them.

I don't know, takes all the fun out of gaming though. Some people just have no self pride, some just get on to be annoying and teamkill but it makes no sense to me. Anymore you pretty much have to find a niche of guys you get along with and have similar interests in, to know you're getting a fair game.

I love PR. It's sometimes tough to find a good game with guys that actually want to play tactically though. If you have the Source SDK engine in some form I'd recommend downloading Insurgency. It's a modern combat mod and it's had me addicted the past few days.. pretty fun.

Sweet, downloading now.

He didn't hack the game, we went and bought a hack so he could be 1337 :rolleyes:

And PR is awesome, so much fun, especially if you are in Mumble with a bunch of people taking it seriously

I hate people who cheat to get where they are. When i used to play MW2 all the time people always were bragging about being a 10th prestige only to go 1 and 15 in a round or something and it was quite obvious that he was cheating to get that way. Personally people who cheat like that take all the fun out of the game. Good for you being able to hack or following someone elses instructions to hack but when it comes to games just play the dang game and have fun if you have to cheat to look good or have fun then you probably shouldnt be playing anyway.

Hacker? Hah. If someone asks me how to hack, I tell them to buy an axe, find a tree and get to work.

This guy is most likely a script kiddie that's downloaded a patch / crack / whatever off of someone and then put it to use, thinking he's fantastic in the process. Yes, those sorts of people are morons but they'll always be around!

Now if you have the knowledge to rip the game apart, exploit its workings, get around security and re-code parts so you can do what you like - then I say hats off to you and go with it. On a more general note I think that's the best attitude to take with security generally; secure things well enough until you're so confident you can invite people to try and shake their hand and offer them congratulations if they succeed. I ran a wireless network called "crack this if you can" for some time, along with an open one called "crack this if you can info" whose default gateway provided instructions, guidelines and even hints for cracking the former. Plenty of people tried, but no-one ever got through the first level of my radius server :)

Back
Top Bottom