hacked?

I've never used Superantispyware but Spybot is pretty damn good. And a lot less pushy about buying it than Malwarebytes.
Spybot was busted a few years ago for installing their own malware and ignoring a few other key pieces when doing a scan. My dad found this out the hard way. I've never had Malwarebytes bug me about a purchase, then again I don't leave it installed either.

well, i unplugged the router and modem this morning for about 45 minutes ( i simply forgot i did it). it really has not done much. as i type this, the bar graph in the lower right corner that tells me the signal strength, is slowly going up and down like a yo-yo. it makes me wonder if this is a warning sign of sorts, that the end is near for the router.

well, i unplugged the router and modem this morning for about 45 minutes ( i simply forgot i did it). it really has not done much. as i type this, the bar graph in the lower right corner that tells me the signal strength, is slowly going up and down like a yo-yo. it makes me wonder if this is a warning sign of sorts, that the end is near for the router.

Do other devices have the same or similar issues over wireless?

Spybot's demise was it's incompatibility with other antivirus software
Spybot – Search & Destroy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Safer Networking does have an updated version of Spybot that's supposed to have fixed these compatibility problems
Licensing

Spybot – Search & Destroy is released as freeware for personal users with more featureful versions available for purchase. Corporate and technician users have to buy a commercial version. The paid for versions contain an anti-virus component that use the BitDefender engine.

Do other devices have the same or similar issues over wireless?
the kids tablets have the same trouble, sometimes the only way to get reception is to sit on the basement steps or in the basement, at that point, they are like 12 feet away from the router at the furthest. my wifes laptop, which is directly overhead of the router almost never has a problem. but her computer is about 7 feet away, though there is a floor and bed between the router and computer.

Back
Top Bottom