[H]ocp Thermal Compound Comparison Q2 09

A True Folder

Fully Optimized
An interesting review here which bears out my own testing with AS5, MX-2 and NT-H1, namely that there's bugger all difference in heat transference ability between the three, that said I'm still hooked on MX-2 due to it not being conductive and no "settling in" period.

Also interesting is the spread v blob application method result, blob thinner pastes and spread thicker pastes it seems, for best results

[H]Enthusiast Article

Skewing results with fancy graphics may be an unwelcome presentation I agree, but the results in this article are so close to my own real world results that I'm inclined to believe they are pretty accurate, Dan has always been egotistical with his views and the article you linked was more to do with skewing data than anything really relevent to my post so I would tend to disregard your contribution to this thread as inconsequential.

Having personally tested three of the listed products personally I can vouch for the accuracy of the articles results because they mirror my own results.

:)

To be honest, so would I have liked to have seen a comparison, I've never heard of GELID Solutions before this.

Do you have any "hands on" results you'd like to share?

BTW, welcome to the forum

:)

TweakTown tested it here. It didn't beat some of the bigger companies, however I'm watching GELID's space.

EDIT: Thanks for the introduction.

I post on the TweakTown forum under another nic, it appears that I missed the article you have linked for some reason.

Seeing the results from the TT tests it (GC-1) is definitely "up there" with some respected names.

You missed the entire point of the article A True Folder.

Dans:
Is fancy thermal goop as good as the manufacturers would like you to believe, and as various Junior Overclockers do believe? Nope.

Is it, therefore, a complete waste of money? Absolutely not.

Just be aware that it's not magic, and don't expect the most expensive stuff to work very much better than generic grease.

[H]ardforum:
While thermal interface materials used to be a "big deal" and varied greatly in performance, over the years the overall quality of retail thermal pastes has simply gotten to be a very competitive market in terms of performance.

When it gets down to brass tacks, they all perform pretty much the same.

Back
Top Bottom