Guys stop and read this

Hey man, hang in there. Sorry to know about your tragedy.

I only use ATM cards that work physically with ATM machines (dunno if that's a debit card) so I dunno how things are, but some of those I know and see doing it, receive a confirmation code on their cell phones to enter after each online payment transaction. Last time my father did a payment that made it in double. He tried to cancel it but couldn't find a way to do it and the money was not withdrawn yet, so I suggest he calls the bank and just cancel the card itself and issue another one with a different number.

Wow there are some low life's around. All of the purchases I make online are through PayPal except on the Apple App Store. I refuse to pay using my debit card and I rarely carry cash on me unless I need to put money on bus card or cannot pay by card.

Maybe they scanned it using this "contactless payment" technology. I request debit cards which don't have this technology, as it's possible people can scan it...

The most common types of theft I see though, are cameras on cash machines when you withdraw money, they record video of you putting your card into the machine, get the numbers, and often they see the bottom of your card to get the security number on the back, if you flip it over...

Maybe they scanned it using this "contactless payment" technology. I request debit cards which don't have this technology, as it's possible people can scan it...

The most common types of theft I see though, are cameras on cash machines when you withdraw money, they record video of you putting your card into the machine, get the numbers, and often they see the bottom of your card to get the security number on the back, if you flip it over...

RFID (contactless) cards are still the rarest to have... In the states you have to request one of these cards specifically now in days because of the security risks involved... I don't see why RFID cards haven't been marked illegal in most countries.

RFID (contactless) cards are still the rarest to have... In the states you have to request one of these cards specifically now in days because of the security risks involved... I don't see why RFID cards haven't been marked illegal in most countries.

They seem to issue them as the default in the UK strangely enough.

That's not good... It's the RFID based cards that are making regular chipped cards get a bad rep here when chipped cards are in fact more secure than traditional cards. In all honesty, RFID based cards shouldn't exist... If you want to use RFID based payments, use a phone with NFC or similar technology IMO. At least then, you have some security and control over when the payment data can be transfered.

Cynthia just got her first debit/credit card. This is somthing that she knows about, but she is quick to use it. She just started work, and they payed her a bit. I need to have a talk with her.

This has happened to me a few times over the years. Well Someone got a hold of my paypal and I was out of 600$ for a while tell they gave my money back like 3 months later. And my debit card info has gotten stolen before someone used it to buy shit at a grocery store in another state. I took a month to get my money back. I'm not sure how they get it. Probably online. I'm not sure if those smart chips on new debit cards are going to do much good if people still cc dc online anyways

Back
Top Bottom