Guys, I need your help!

Deathstar said:
mmmmm, you did have it unplugged from the wall socket, didn't you? when you took the battery out and hit the power on button?

Resetting the cmos has nothing to do with the cpu so if it aint working you may have done your m/board in. Did you up any voltages during your OC??

No clear cmos jumpers on your board??

What board is it anyway?
Yup it was unplugged.

I did not up any voltage at all.

It's a RTC reset thing on the motherboard. I tried it, for sure.

This board is an ASUS P4S800D-X

I'm running out of ideas here, about the only thing I can think of to try next is run the cpu up in another pc. I can't seem to find the skt 478 series boards on the Asus website anymore (they've hidden them well this time) but from what little info I found on the net it looks as if your board was pre the "Asus crash free bios" that came with models like mine.
Is there any way you can test it in another pc?

Edit: Found your board on Asus USA website, Asus Australia seems to have archived them, it has crash free bios2. It should have just refused to boot if the oc was too high but you should still be able to get to the bios and reset the bios default settings. The fact that you can't leads me to wonder if in fact it is the board, aside from testing your cpu in another board and a different cpu in your board I really can't think of any other way to find out what the problem is. :(

I could test it on one board, but the fact that it sparked 10 months ago makes me refuse. Apparantly, I saw a same issue, but with a different boad and ehy said it was the board. So, I contacted ASUS and if I need to RMA it, so be it. I have a 3yr warranty.

Back
Top Bottom