guys... i may have screwed up

ndatoxicity

Daemon Poster
i was just looking at this motherboard... and idk if it will work with my cpu.... sh!t, i have have royally screwed up....

Mobo
CPU

will that mobo run an athlon 64 x2????

ok... thank the gods

after i posted this i kind of calmed down and realized that it should.... but i was sh!tting brix over here...

yeah all ya gotta do is go to the board manufacturers site and check the CPU list before you buy it. And also under the specs it tells you which CPU's it supports to an extent but I always check the manufacturers website now cuz my last board said it seemed like it would support my 955 but after a little digging they didn't have a bios update for that AM3 chip yet. Sad thing was that was the ONLY AM3 chip it didnt support...:(

well i mean it was a combo.... and i THINK that i read that it was compatible.... so i mean its not like i ran into it blind

Im pretty sure if its a combo deal on the egg they are going to be compatible. I would think they would offer only compatible parts as a combo and not hook ya up with a raw deal.

I know with the M3A78-EM and EMH, they have new BIOS updates for the AM3 support now... But I imagine you'd have to have the AM2 onboard first before you can flash the bios and make it AM3 compatable. But right on the box, AM2 / AM2+ compatable, so non-issue. It's not 1K posts, rather 100...

yeah, thanks poker... that was my thinking on this as well

sweet, my case and psu should be here tomorrow (friday)
and the other stuff is coming monday =D

Back
Top Bottom