Guide: Installing Mac OS X on your PC

borat_sagdiyev

Golden Master
How to install Mac OS X on a PC (easy version)
By: John123

First off, you need a compatible computer. It has to be a processor that has the ability to understand the "SSE3" processor language. You can find out if your processor supports SSE3 by going to google and looking for "cpu-z" and downloading it and it tells you everything about your computer. You also need a compatible videocard. I tried it with my radeon 9250 but I got a max res. of 1024x768. I then used my integrated GMA 900 and it works perfectly. So basically it works the best on integrated cards. Also, 512mb of RAM is recommended.

Heres the ISO:
http://www.torrentspy.com/torrent/909702/Mac_OS_X_10_4_7_AMD_Intel_JaS_ISO
http://www.torrentspy.com/torrent/833783/Mac_OS_X_10_4_6_x86_Install_DVD_JaS

When you have downloaded all three of these items. You should have an ISO file from the download of the torrent.

You should now burn your ISO to a DVD+R. (not any others).

Now if you want to dual boot with windows and mac os x, then you should install mac os x on a different partition. But due to me writing this guide in a short amount of time, I'm going to write it on how to do it on a single-partitioned hard drive, meaning there is no OS installed yet.

Put the DVD in the computer you plan to install it on, and make sure that it is set to boot from cd, and make sure it has a DVD drive. When it gets to the "Press any key to install Mac OS X" screen, press any key (obsiously). It should now go to a white boot screen, it will stay like this for about 10-15 minutes, depending on your system's speed. After about 5 minutes, there should be this crossed out circle that appears over the apple, but it is still loading the setup files.

When it finally gets to the main installation, at the top, press utilities, and press "Disk Utililty". Click on the drive you want to format and click the "ERASE" tab up top. Make sure the partition is set to be formatted with "Mac OS X (journaled)".

When it finishes formatting (about 10 seconds), close disk utility and just perform the "Next, next, next" routine on the installation until you get to the installation customization screen. Click on customize, expand the "cracks" or something like that, select which ones you need. also deselect some stuff you dont need up top. Continue. When it finishes, it should restart, and when it restarts, it gets to the "press any key to install mac os x" screen, but this time, don't press any buttons and let it load on its own. It should once again go to the white mac boot screen, but this time for only about half a minute. When everything is finally finished loading, you will hear a ginobeats track playing and a "WELCOME" screen in many languages. Just type up your info and make a user and your good to go.

I'm personally using it right now.

t4zlnq.png

For more information, troubleshooting, and compatibility lists, go to
http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

Peace Out,
John123

cileskot said:
thank you, ive been wanting to do this. now all i need is a dvd rewritable drive.... lol
your computer will work fine with it, but the video card might hold it back a bit. but your should actually use a normal mouse and keyboard with it (ps/2)

draconum said:
Took the words right out of my mouth. :p

Chris
it will not work with your computer...unfortunately. but if it did, it would work reaaaaaallllllyyyyy fast. but it wont work.

john123 said:
your computer will work fine with it, but the video card might hold it back a bit. but your should actually use a normal mouse and keyboard with it (ps/2)

ya, when i am using mac osx, i will probably just use my integrated graphics card with it, sense i probably wouldnt be doing anything graphically intense anyway. and thanks for the tip about using a normal mouse.

also, to install it on a seperate partition, would you just make another partition and then have the option to install it on that partition when you install osx?

Back
Top Bottom