Guide: Burning an ISO in Nero

Bahawolf1

Fully Optimized
Okay, this guide was request by a guru in this thread:
http://computerforums.org/showpost.php?p=353373&postcount=1

Basically, the request was a guide that would show how to burn an ISO in Nero for the installation of Linux, or any Operating System for that matter. I've included pictures to fulfill the request, and also to make the process as easy and understandable as possible. This will be a short guide nonetheless.

Okay, so lets begin. For the sake of this guide, I used Nero 6.. so those will be where the pictures have originated from.

Start Nero SmartStart
This can be found under Start>All Programs>Nero

14dh1.gif

Make a data CD
Simply click on make a data CD..

my.php

Observe the main screen of Nero and locate the file.
At this point, the main workstation will appear and we'll begin to work. Using the dropdown on the right, find your .ISO to be burned.

my.php

Drag the file to the left..
Dragging the file over to the left empty area (to add the file to the CD) will bring up this screen... Press Yes. We're almost done here..

my.php

Now, press Burn and your done..
Use the settings that I've selected (should even be default), and then press Burn.

my.php

Now, for the sake of testing.. lets put this CD in and see if it boots..
my.php

Okay, you should be good to go!
If you need further help, or instructions for a different version of Nero, I'll be happy to help.

Baha, thank you! I wanted to put knoppix on a CD for myself, but I didn't feel like experimenting. Thanks again

Thanks baha! I'm sure this is really going to help out alot of new Linux users, and when people have questions we can just link them here :p

Back
Top Bottom