GUI tweaking

Stonyman65

Baseband Member
is there any programs to tweak the GUI besides the powertoys tweak from microsoft?

it says for SP1 or windows server 2003
I have SP2 I was wondering it that would still work or if there is an alternate or better program to tweak my GUI.

thanks.
Rick

I have tweaked my Gui alot, and when you wasnt to customize, it really comes down to two choices: do you want to customize manually, or through a program. Using programs, such as Windows Blinds or Style XP, give you a wide variety of different styles that can be easily downloaded from many websites. The only problem with using programs for tweaking, is that they can hog system resorces. I prefer to manually load visual styles directly into windows, which can only be done after patching your UXTheme.dll file, which can be done automatically from a download. After the file is patched, you can load any windows visual style directly into the system itself, which uses virtually no system power, because it runs by itself. Also, if you want to change your logon screen or boot screen, you can get programs for them at wincustomize.com. Any questions, just email me Ecrouch7@gmail.com

actually, i just want to get in and tweak it so my system will run faster, so i can reduce thumbils and stuff.

i can probobly fo it by myself but i don't know how.

can ya email me some tips or something

stony-man-evo@comcast.net

thanks,
Rick

A lot of performance problems are not rooted in the GUI. Look elsewhere in the system for items that rob clock cycles and ram space.
First thing is how many background programs are running at the same time. If you're not using it, shut it down.
Second is how many windows optional programs are active. You can go to add/remove windows componets and uninstall what you don't need/want.
Third is if you have a second hard drive, move the paging file to the other drive. Make the c: drive PF as small as it will let you. Reason being the pagingfile is a priorty item. If the system needs to shove out or get something to the pagefile and a program you're running needs to access the drive, guess which one is going to have to wait? Your program.
Lastly, Clean this system up and often.
Adaware
CCleaner
Find Junk Files
RegscrubXP
Clean out the internet files using IE tools options.
Might not be the GUI giving you fits. A little TLC toward your rig will vastly improve performance.

If you want to treak the GUI for performance just turn it off.

Control Panel > System > Advanced > Performance > Then you can adjust for best performance which will turn off things like the quick panel on the side of windows, the blue colouring, and everything like that. You can pick and choose things if you like some things but not others.

That would be the best option for performance through GUI, any tweaking program would cancel any performance gains by staying on all the time :p

Back
Top Bottom