Gtx 770 slow ?

rowcon123

Daemon Poster
Hi guys just finally forked out on a good gpu the evga gtx 770 Superclocked with the acx cooler and I have noticed that it doesn't preform better than my previous gtx 650 ti boos it is really annoying me that I spent a lot on this card and it's not as good as I thought it was

Cpu : amd fx 8320
Gpu : evga gtx 770
Mobo : biostar ta970
Ram : corsair vengeance 8gb (2x4)
Psu: corsair cx 600 (I have checked and it does have a 42amp 12v rail)

If anyone has any suggestion it would be very helpful p.s there is no solution I could find online :(

yeah did you test it.
First time i upgraded my graphic card back in 2007 i was disappointed in it's performance
It didn't perform much better then my old card. i then realized that half-life 2 automatically increased the settings to almost max.
When i reduced the settings to what it was before i was amazed how smooth the game was.
I am currently also running the 770. Amazing GPU.

Yes I am sure I'm running the latest drivers it was the first thing I did when I put in the card and I tested it on games like world of tanks , warthunder, and total war Rome 2 and I changed the setting on max at start but bad fps like mid 30 then I changed it to what I had it on before and it was only slightly better in some cases like 2 to 3 fps difference? I just don't get it I know it is an amazing card but it's just not working for me ?

Not familiar with AMD CPU's, but sense u said that, I can tell now that it is a bottle nick! 770 is waaay much more powerful than a 650 Ti !

Weird tho, for an 8 core 3.5Ghz (stock) CPU to be a bottle nick!

Keep and eye on the temperature man!

Last edited:
Yeh it got good temps max about 45 and that's exactly what I thought I mean it's not a weak cpu so I don't know why it would bottleneck ? Strange

Back
Top Bottom