GTX 460 undetectable

matt39c

Baseband Member
Yesterday i installed my new (bought second hand off ebay) GTX 460. However when i went to install the driver it said:

So i went into the device manager and the video card wasnt even showing up. Only the on board was displayed.

Ive tried taking it card out and reinserting it, ive gone into the BIOS and selecting the PCI E as the primary slot. I dont know how else to get this thing working!! am i missing something?

You may need to disable the onboard video in the BIOS or at the very least, connect your monitor to the video card.

You may need to disable the onboard video in the BIOS or at the very least, connect your monitor to the video card.

ok, well i tried disabling the on board in the device manager but not the BIOS so ill try that. Unfortunately my monitor uses a VGA and the card only has DVI ports.

no luck. whats also worrying is that the BIOS says that nothing is inserted in the PCIE slot, however the GTX is in there right now.

It might, and they are dirt cheap. My guess is the card is disabling itself because there is nothing connected to it.

It might, and they are dirt cheap. My guess is the card is disabling itself because there is nothing connected to it.

might as well buy one. But the fact that the computer cant even detect the card from the BIOS or in device manager makes me think there is something more to it.

Back
Top Bottom