Gts 570 no signal output

chiefninja

Beta member
Hi All, I have just got a second hand Palit gtx570, and I am experiencing a few teeting problems.
My system is win7 64 bit, 12gb ram, I7950 mother board, ( ASUS P6x58D-E )
I know its pot luck when you buy second hand cards, however I would like to try and work out if the problem is the card or some other issue setting with my system.
I am currently using Nvidia G9800GT, with no problems, it works in both my available slots, and the system boots quite quickly.
I have installed the GTX570 into the slot, and connected two 6pin plugs into the power supply, which is 850, so should be more than adequate to run the card according to other posts.When I boot the system it starts without issue, then I get 1 short long and three short beeps, which I believe is something about my card not being detected, the hard disk boots in and I receive a message no ouput signal.The fan on the card spins, but I have no display.Please help any advice would be welcome, or do you think the card is faulty.

Fraser.........

Try taking the fan off and then add a little more thermal paste on the GPU..

Check all the solder is not cracked as that could be why, you'd have to put it in the oven or resolder the parts... putting it in the oven can rebuild the solder parts and connect it back..

Hi, Thanks for your advice, are there any settings in the cmos or bios that may need changing for the card to be recognised. Do you think that my mother board should run this card okay.I look forward to your further advice........

You shouldn't have to change anything in the bios. If one card works and another doesn't, it eliminates the possibility of something wrong with the motherboard, such as a bad bus or bios settings.

Try what IAntDemo said. You could also try shining a spotlight on the GPU to heat it up and hopefully remelt and reconnect the solder joints. This was a relatively common problem on the HP dv6000 series laptops.

Hi, Thanks for for your help I will give it go. As the the fan does spin on the card does that reduce the possibilty of the card being faulty or would it spin anyway, once it has been connected.

Thanks........

The card could still have problems even though the fan spins. Sounds like a faulty card to me, though I don't know anything about melting the solder....

Hi I spoke to the chap I bought the card from he says the card did work okay on his system. I think I may have resolved the problem, when I read the install instructions I think I confused myself on the connections. My power supply does have an 8 pin pci connector, however the card has two 6 pin connectors, I tried using two 6 pin connectors when maybe I should have got a 8 pin to 6 pin connector, thats what I am going to try, hopefully that will do the trick. Do you think that not having enough power or in the right way would cause the card not to be detected.

Back
Top Bottom