GTA V (Spoiler Edition)

So I did the torture mission last night... and it made me uneasy. Am I the only one that felt bad for the guy? Didn't really enjoy that mission because of that lol.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using TechForums

Ya, I've been hearing that a lot about this mission. I didn't like it too much. My problem with the mission is that R* is trying to prove a point that torturing someone isn't the answer, but then when they get the info from him the character agrees that torturing the dude was effective. I think R* messed up and maybe left it in because they try to do a few missions that push the boundaries of what is out there today. Like in The Ballad of Gay Tony and the full frontal nudity, etc.

I thought the whole thing was stupid. What point did it serve in the end? You torture some 'innocent' guy to get a description of who may be a 'bad guy' so that you can snipe him. I don't get it.

I thought the whole thing was stupid. What point did it serve in the end? You torture some 'innocent' guy to get a description of who may be a 'bad guy' so that you can snipe him. I don't get it.

Yep exactly. One of the very few bad things about the game.

I was fine with the torture scene. FIB is trying to erase any leads that may blow the lid off what they are up to. Torturing a mofo to get Intel fits in the GTA universe. I didn't realize you guys were a bunch of candy asses.

I was fine with the torture scene. FIB is trying to erase any leads that may blow the lid off what they are up to. Torturing a mofo to get Intel fits in the GTA universe. I didn't realize you guys were a bunch of candy asses.

lol I didn't mind torturing the dude. We're talking about how R* would usually deliver a message with something like this, but they contradicted themselves with the dialogue and such. Just a slip up on their part.

LOL it just seemed pointless. I guess it shows the level of desperation that Dave's team has. I will chalk it up to that and move on. I love the game and don't want to have anything sour that. Also, smoking nipples FTW.

+1, I felt pretty bad for the guy. But I used every instrument. Killing him would have been the line crosser. I wish we could torture prostitutes, tie them up in a remote shack and bury them in the woods when were done. I'm making a game guys brb.

I finished the main story last night and chose option C (because come on, who could actually kill Mike or T????)

Anyway, overall the game was awesome and I loved the crazy firefight/assassinations at the end where each of the three characters each took down a different guy. It was also a nice touch to deal with Devon Weston with everyone at once at the very, very end because that guy was a complete tool.

The only downside about the whole thing in my opinion was that the final heist seemed way too easy. I literally walked in, loaded the gold onto the trucks, drove away to the meeting place,played with traffic lights to screw Merryweather before having to fight them, then escaped the cops on a 5 star wanted level, all with total ease. On the bright side, at the very end after the credits I did like the little referral to the shrink's office with my gamertag and everything bad I've done in the game on the list lol.

Anyway, I thought I was done the SP portion but I guess not. I still have about 20 stunt jumps to go but had to stop because it was getting late and I just wanted to finish the story. Then, after the story the new strangers & freaks mission with Trevor's mom popped up so no I have to find some pharmaceutical truck.

As for online, I'm leaving work today at 12:00 so I'll be online around 12:30 - 1 pm. I'm also glad to hear that you can make multiple characters.

I chose option C as well. You can find that van for T's mom at a hospital. Its parked at the entrance and is white.

I didn't feel like Franklin got enough character development. He was a pretty typical character for GTA.

Back
Top Bottom