Group Texting: Android & Apple

D-Rocks

In Runtime
Hey Everyone,

It's been awhile since I have posted. I need little bit of help. My whole family has iPhone's including me until recently. I never had an issue with group texting until I got my Android phone. Whenever I am included in a group text with other's that have iPhone's I only receive one side of the conversation from someone and not the whole conversation from everyone. I've done multiple google searches and tried there recommendations with no luck

Does anyone know of a fix for this?

Did you remember to disable iMessage on your account? I know not receiving texts when switching from iPhone -> Android is a known issue for that.

Ugh. I HATE group texts more than almost anything. There's always one a****** who keeps on going and going and going...

Yes- I made sure that iMessage was turned off on my account several months ago but didn't resolve the issue.

Trotter- What is your number? I can get a group text going with you included. :p

Yes- I made sure that iMessage was turned off on my account several months ago but didn't resolve the issue.

Trotter- What is your number? I can get a group text going with you included. :p

Are they sending them as iMessage to you somehow still? I'm not entirely sure how iMessage works with group chats to non-iOS devices.

You can all just download whatsapp?

More of a workaround than anything, and possibly inconvenient for people. I personally wouldn't want to have to download an entirely different messaging app, create an account, etc.

More of a workaround than anything, and possibly inconvenient for people. I personally wouldn't want to have to download an entirely different messaging app, create an account, etc.

But its the easiest option and its not fun troubleshooting anything IMO ;)

GroupMe is better for that anyhow, IMO, but it definitely IS just a workaround and not a solution considering it should work regardless.

Group chats are literally the easiest with Facebook, and since practically everybody has a Facebook account it makes it the most convenient too.

iMessage uses the internet and Apple's "network" to send SMS back and forth like an MMS. If they have iMessage on and you're Android you won't receive any messages sent as iMessage from them.

Back
Top Bottom