Group Policy

Status
Not open for further replies.

lolcrazylol

Beta member
hi guys, i have a problem which i hope somebody here can help me resolve.

i'm a highschool student interning at a government place in the IT office, and all of the guys that work there think its funny to mess with my computer while i'm gone. i've taken many precautions (set system and bios passwords, lock my computer, etc.) but they just switch the bios jumper when i make a bios password and since they have admin rights they can unlock my computer whenever they please. they've taken an interest in making my desktop background "peter pan" permanently and other 'funny' things using group policy. of course, i can use the group policy edit (gpedit.msc) to change it all back, but honestly its getting really annoying. i was just wondering if there was any way to make it so that you could not access gpedit.msc without disabling the command prompt

also on a different note but same topic, is group policy accessible on windows XP home? if so, how do you access it?

thanks

PS: if this is in the wrong section, i'm sorry. i wasnt sure where to put it, and this looked like a good place

In a domain envirnoment user profile and all or most setting are control from the domain controller (the windows server nt/2000/2003). Most likely you can't do anything to prevent them from changing your setting since they have administrative right to the server. That's why it's call centralized adminstration.

Windows XP home can't do local GPO or join the domain. I suggest getting one of these

I'm just kidding, if you need any more information don't hestitate. I'm pretty sure there's alot of informative tech guru on this section who is willing to help.

ok, here's the thing. we have a universal admin user that everybody knows the password to. its for interns like me. i do have admin rights, just not on any of their computers because they changed the password for that account on their computer only (hopefully you understand this). the point is, since i cant do anything to them, i'm trying to make it so that they cant do anything to me, and i'm wondering if there's a way that you can get rid of gpedit.msc without screwing up the registry or making the command prompt unavailable

and lol, no i do not need an AK47. just a case alarm...=P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom