*Groan* No signal to monitor!

RhysAndrews

In Runtime
Hey guys
I've bought my new system and it has been running fine for a week or so. However last night I took it to a LAN, and while it worked fine during that LAN, upon returning it home I am getting the blasted "No signal to monitor" issue.

All the fans spin fine, but my monitor is not picking up a signal. I have tried these things:
- Connect to a different monitor
- Try a different video card
- Remove all memory to see if motherboard responds (I then realised that this motherboard has NEVER made any beeps from memory).

I'm worried I might have busted something when moving it from my friends house to home, or something might have moved and is now grounding the MB. If it helps, when we took it home it was raining heavily so we put a towel over it when carrying it to the car - but its possible a couple of drops could have gotten inside.

These are my specs - any help would be REALLY appreciated!
- element S case
- coolermaster 650W PSU
- Core i7 920
- PALIT 9600GT (also tried an 8600GTS)
- 6GB DDR3 1600MHZ RAM
- ASUS p6t-SE motherboard
- Noctua i7 Cooler

Thanks
-Rhys

try taking the memory out and unplug the power supply connection to the motherboard for a couple seconds. then reconnect everything back and see if that helps.

Dang, thats worked here and there for me at times. Don't give up lol i'll get back at you when i do some research. Hopefully you didn't kill the motherboard. I had something like this not long ago but a previous person had put on a case fan as a cpu fan and was reversed (so it was sucking air into the cpu)

hmm.
Don't think it could be the fan issue. It's been working fine for a week, with the CPU idling at 25 degrees.

Shot in the dark here, its a couple weeks old, right? So, I may be wrong, but its still likely for a manufacturer defect? cause this is really, odd. If you hit it that hard, i would think there would be case damage.

I will point out...
When I took it home from the LAN it worked when I first turned it on.. I went around the back to plug in my ethernet cable and it turned off just before I did plug it in. Since then I've had the issue.

I will point out...
When I took it home from the LAN it worked when I first turned it on.. I went around the back to plug in my ethernet cable and it turned off just before I did plug it in. Since then I've had the issue.

I read that, doesn't mean it cant die after a few runs, or once it runs once it never dies? (rhetorical question)

Of course - just adding to the scenario =]
thanks for your help, please keep suggesting things as it'll be a while before I can return it to the warehosue to be repaired.

One thing I am worried about is...
If it IS the motherboard, and I got it replaced, what would happen to my RAID array? I have two 250GB drives in RAID0 and I don't want to lose the data on it if I can - will replacing the motherboard remove the array?

EDIT 3:
FIXED!!! At least for the moment. I followed a troubleshooting guide online and removed my CMOS battery. I had to fix all the BIOS settings again and I thought I might have lost my RAID Array but it's still working fine... things appear to be running fine.

Thanks al ot for your help!

-Rhys

oo nice. So removing the cmos battery comes in handy for stuff like that eh. I'm gonna try it on mine that's dead same was as yours and i'll let you know how it turned out.

Back
Top Bottom