Griffin Simplifi iPhone/iPod Dock review

After finally getting my iPhone and realizing it didn't come with an actual dock I decided I had to buy one. I searched over several docks before deciding on the Griffin Simplifi. Price may very I picked mine up for $51. I see Amazon now has it listed at $64.

Pro's

1.) You also get a digital memory card reader on the front side of the dock. It reads Memory Stick, Memory Stick Pro, SD, xD and Compact Flash cards.

2.) You get 2 additional USB 2.0 ports on the back of the device

3.) It comes with quick change adapters to work with the following iPod Classic 80GB, iPod classic 160GB, iPod nano (2nd Generation), iPhone (Both 2G and 3G compatible), iPod nano (3rd generation), iPod touch, iPod with video (5th generation) 30GB & 80GB models and finally while using the USB port you can charge an iPod shuffle.

4.) With my Siedo Innocase II the iPhone quick change adapter wouldn't work. However if I didn't put any adapter in it works perfectly. No need to remove the case to dock my 3G. Also I can leave my Siedo spring clip holster on the phone and charge it if I want. (See pictures below)

5.)
Its a small unit that doesn't take up much space.

Con's

1.) The sync cable that runs from the dock to your computer is only about 1 foot long.

2.) I was under the impression that the AC power would charge my phone. It only acts as additional power for the USB ports. It won't charge my phone unless the computer is on.

Overall 9/10

If your in the market for a dock you can't go wrong with this purchase. Your getting 2 extra USB ports, and memory card readers on top of a docking station. The only reason it doesn't get a 10 is because it doesn't charge unless my computer is turned on.

Here are a couple quick pictures. My phone is a bit smudgy in the photo. I messed up on a screen protector install and I'm just waiting for a new one to come in the mail.

GriffinSimplifiDock.jpg

GriffinSimplifiDockcaseon.jpg

Back
Top Bottom