Greetings and Salutations!

LongBlade

Solid State Member
Hello esteemed techists.

I am a long-time PC gamer. Used to run several wargaming review websites, am now more or less retired from it.

I have come here to learn. I lurked here for the last 24 hours and see your depth of knowledge is impressive. I hope to eventually build my own system, but I can see there is much to learn.

About 10 years ago a buddy of mine used to hang on a tech forum similar to this (I forget which one). He offered to spec out a gaming rig if I gave him a price. Long story short it was the best $1500 I've ever spent on a rig. My hope is to learn from y'all and be able to do so again.

Greets! Welcome to the forums

Building PCs is the easy part of being a tech, so you should get that down pretty quick!

Hey Longblade, welcome to TF!

PP Mguire is the best person to get in touch with, PC build guru - he can go in depth and give techinical comparisons between each component.

Welcome, Longblade!

Thanks for the warm welcome, folks.

My friends usually call me LB. It's easier to write and sounds less scary :)

I've spent the last couple of days reading through here and have some thoughts on a build but keep bumping in to a $2k price. I enjoy PC gaming but I'm not sure I really want to drop that much money on a new rig.

Anyway, the reason why I'm here is that I want to learn. The last time I tried to build a rig I pulled out the OCZ PSU and it looked like Cthulhu. I freaked out and took it to a PC shop whom I paid to assemble it.

This time I'm watching YouTube vids to try and figure out how to do it myself. It's kinda scary trying to do this for the first time by yourself. At least it is for me. :(

Back
Top Bottom