Graphics Tablet Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

sammybaines

Baseband Member
Hey guys not posted on here since building my system in 2007 as everything has been running fine.

So here is my problem, i have the Wacom Cintiq 21UX graphics tablet which is an awesome piece of kit and useful for my design course at uni. Now when i connect it to my system (graphics card is a Radeon X1950 Pro 512mb) through DVI the wacom tablet displays mb splash screen and windows XP loading screen but then comes up as no signal when the welcome screen for xp should show as it does on my other monitor.

So i thought thats weird and removed the graphics drivers, which are the original ones that came with the card ATi version 8.3 which is a bit behind i now think. But the strange thing is the wacom tablet works with no graphics drivers installed fine and the calibration and everything is perfect for it. Obviously though with no drivers though i cant set any resolutions or similar for the graphics card.

So i thought it might be a corrupt windows file causing the drivers to not function properly so i re-installed windows xp and the drivers and nothing happend again the wacom tablet just gave the No Signal error thing again.

Basically the wacom tablet works without the drivers but the screen res, etc cant be changed or sorted but it doesnt work with the drivers installed for the graphics.

Has anyone had the same problems before? I am planning to try it with the updated drivers and see if it makes any difference but if not any suggestions, has anyone used the omega drivers on the net or similar other drivers? Could it be the catalyst control center making it function not properly?

Thanks in advance. :).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom