Graphics problems!!

kratos017

Beta member
I have tried absolutely everything over the past 3 years to make this computer perform as it should and nothing seems to work. Dont get me wrong, games are perfectly playable.. anything from rollercoaster tycoon 2 to F.e.a.r 2 are playable, but most games arnt running as smoothly as they should.

Installing the original sims and the expansion pack - sims superstar has finally made me come to the conclusion that something is definitly wrong with my computer. For those familiar with sims superstar, when i view a lot in Studio town and look over a part with a lot of things in it the game lags pretty badly. This was my indication that something was very wrong, there is no way it should lag at all playing a game as ancient as the sims.. especially with my hardware.

Playing world of warcraft is perfectly fine, the only reason im complaining is because the lag is consistant throughout most of my games and i know that with the high-end computer ive got.. it shouldnt be happening. I often get frame rates of about 45-50 when around the world (which should be 60 easily for a start) on ultra graphics but with the shadows on low. If i turn the shadow up it drops to 30 FPS. (dont know why ill link my graphics card and other info in a sec). However the game has a constant 'jump' to it every time i move the camera as if its loading everything off screen. Its only a quick sort of jerk, but its extremely annoying when it shouldnt be happening. I can go to some places and the FPS will say 60 (because i have vsync on it wont go any higher) and it will still do the jump every time i move the camera which ull know if u play wow is alot.

Other games in general such as the sims 2 and 3 just dont run as well as they should. Ive tried everything (its been 3 years so i cant remember it all).

Here is my system info. Im querying about this slightly laggy performance because i know for a fact with my hardware it shouldnt be happening. Ive seen many of my friend computers running the same games with the same graphics setting or higher on perfect 60 FPS with slower processors, worse graphics cards and with less RAM. Any assistance would be a great help even though ive probly already tried it, i just have a feeling that its something to do with the RAM that i can change.. something very simple seeing as ive tried all of the complicated stuff:

Windows Vista service pack 2
Manufacturer: Packard Bell
Model: IMEDIA X2416
Rating: 4.8 (everything else is 5.9 except the ram)
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q8200 @ 2.33GHz 2.34 GHz
Memory (RAM): 4.00GB
System type: 32-bit Operating system

My graphcis card is an ATI Radeon HD 4850

I cant think of any other information i could give but i know theres some kind of program u can run to give u all of the possible information from your computer so i will do that if requested.

Note: The lag problems arnt serious ones.. all games are playable but im being fussy because after spending so much time and money on this computer theyre still happening, and shouldnt be. Its kind of a clear indication that theyres an obvious problem when the original sims is lagging on a very new, quite powerful PC with an expensive graphics card. Much thanks.. please get back to me ASAP

Back
Top Bottom