Graphics card upgrade?

Tman1800

Solid State Member
I've been dealing with integrated graphics for a while now and I think I need to put in an actual GPU in my computer. Is it actually important what GPU I put in my computer, or will any work fine?

Otherwise, my computer is a Dell Inspiron 570 with a AMD Phenom II 3.4Ghz quad-core processor.

You will need one that is compatible with your pc not just any old GPU, Google GPU upgrades for your dell and see what it comes up with..

The GPU ultimately depends on what you plan on using your PC for but I'd say the best card I'd put on a 300 watt PSU is a Radeon 7750 which is a lot better than the 6670 although the 6670 would still be significantly better than the integrated you are using now.

if I have the right PC specs, you have the correct PCI-E slot for a graphics card but I also noticed it is a mini tower. If this is true, you would have to take a deeper look into specific sizes of the GPU and do some measuring to make sure it would fit. I am not very familiar with mini towers vs. graphic cards but less powerful GPUs like these aren't as large as most of them.

Hi Tman1800

You may need to look at low profile GPUs

HD 7750 low profile

35937_01_zpsbe7a7aef.jpg

Back
Top Bottom