graphics card upgrade for a 1.3ghz processor

shoey6030

Beta member
i wanted to know what for graphic card i can purchase so i can upgrade my pc for newer games. I'm told i am limited on what cards to buy because of my low 1.3 ghz processor. I have AN hp 520n if that helps i was looking for any cards that has atleast a 32-bit display. Thanks i was told by hp that it has open PCI slots but limited to what card i can get

PaperPlunger said:
1.3ghz?!?!?!

How do you live????
heyi have a 1.1ghz desktop and it runs xp fine and cos i do no PC gaming i live quite fine

who me , if so it is only my pc in my room that is 1.1ghz , my laptop is a pentium M 1.6gh z and ma other desktop is a 2.53 celeron and anywys i dont game on pc's at all as i have consoles for that the 1,1ghz does for word prcessing

when it comes to playing games 1ghz is just fine
its all about the graphics card
my old comp running 900 mhz with a 5500 fx card and half a gig of ram
can run fear smoothly in low settings

esa193 said:
when it comes to playing games 1ghz is just fine
its all about the graphics card
my old comp running 900 mhz with a 5500 fx card and half a gig of ram
can run fear smoothly in low settings

Can you be more specific, what kind of fps were you getting?

The cpu plays a big part in graphic performance, since the cpu is feeding the gpu, faster is better, until the cpu becomes fast enough that you hit the limit of the gpu.

Edit-My friend is running XP on a Pentium 3 500 Mhz machine with 512 mb ram. Whenever I go to his house, I bring my laptop, because 500 Mhz on XP sucks bad.

cabbspapp said:
Can you be more specific, what kind of fps were you getting?

Edit-My friend is running XP on a Pentium 3 500 Mhz machine with 512 mb ram. Whenever I go to his house, I bring my laptop, because 500 Mhz on XP sucks bad.
not realy , not good for gaming but would be ok for office tasks

Back
Top Bottom