Graphics card question

Giancarlo said:
I'm not sure. Is that card 8X and can your mobo support 8X Cards?

How do i find out what my motherboard can support? i remember i ran across a site before and it told me my motherboard can support up to 512 mb sd ram etc.... but i forgot where that was :(

If it doesnt, the cards are backwards compatible. Also that price is a rip off, buy from a store and somewhere that does not charge £8 for delivery :p

camers said:
If it doesnt, the cards are backwards compatible. Also that price is a rip off, buy from a store and somewhere that does not charge £8 for delivery :p

I just gave that auction as an example, not really intending to buy that graphics card without further research hehe

Anyways... so your saying that card is compatible with my pc?

every card is like backwards compatible. Say you cant support 8x so itll run at 4x. Or you cant support ddr400 so itll run at ddr333 .. catch me?

camers said:
every card is like backwards compatible. Say you cant support 8x so itll run at 4x. Or you cant support ddr400 so itll run at ddr333 .. catch me?

ah yes yes, that's cool then.

Another question is how can i tell if i have an AGP slot in my motherboard? Or does every motherboard have at least one?

thats nice kinser. As for AGP, if you crack open your case. On the motherboard slots, like where network cards go etc, modems. They are pci, at the top of the many pci slots theres a AGP slot. It sticks out alot more from the PCI slots. I hope you can understand that..

yeah i dont understand what all the other pci slots are for. i have four of them and my video card is in one of them. i think or maybe its my sound card but why do you need 4 pci slots?

Back
Top Bottom