Graphics Card Problem

Whyfly??

Daemon Poster
So with my new rig I kept my GPU fan at 65% but I got tired of the noise, so I decided that I would use Rivatuner to set-up automatic fan speeds depending on temps.
So I followed the instructions etc. and it seems to me that sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.
I ran 3DMark Vantage to test it, and I hear the fan kicking up a little into the video, which was a good sign, and then I tried it on a game for about 10 minutes, came back, and the temp was 68 degrees and I didn't hear the fans kick up!! Now with 65% fan speed, it only went up to like 51 max.
But then it worked later on when I tried the benchmark again!
So could someone PLZ point me in the right direction on how to set it up with the 2.24 version of it? Please. It seems to be that I have to have the Rivatuner window up at all times, but IDK i need help!

One more question, what's more accurate: Speedfan is showing my GPU at 47 degrees while RIVATUNER is showing it as 39 degrees... Which one is the real temp?

^ This will help us get your some manufacturer suggested programs.

Typically, I would believe Riva over SpeedFan in the case of GPU reads. Riva is a dedicated program but that doesn't mean much. Run a few other temp programs and see what they say. Then compare to Riva and SpeedFan. I use HWMonitor and it always pars my temps supplied by Evga's Precision OC Tool.

Isn't theirs the "Black Edition" GTX 260?

Same concept, just download HWMonitor and check what it says. It's normally very accurate for me.

so, whats the problem mostly?
um confused

so, is ur temp really fluctuating a lot?
or is your video card just not working some times?

It probably isn't reading your temp right. Is the version of Riva updated and are your drivers updated? Also, I would have to say Riva is an Nvidia biased program. So I would suggest CCC or ATiTool. (or anything similar)

Isn't theirs the "Black Edition" GTX 260?

Don't think so, just the regular one
Same concept, just download HWMonitor and check what it says. It's normally very accurate for me.

It showed me 47 degrees, the same as Speedfan, I'm confused as to why a temp reader made just for a GPU be less accurate then other general temp readers.
so, whats the problem mostly?
um confused

so, is ur temp really fluctuating a lot?
or is your video card just not working some times?

I want to know how to setup automatic fan control, it sometimes works, sometimes doesn't IDK how to do it
It probably isn't reading your temp right. Is the version of Riva updated and are your drivers updated? Also, I would have to say Riva is an Nvidia biased program. So I would suggest CCC or ATiTool. (or anything similar)
Yeah it must be off, I have the 2.24 version on my computer and I am using the latest drivers (Not the newest BETA ones though) Well an Nvidia centered tool should work, since the card is Nvidia:rolleyes:

Well if I can't figure out how to do the automatic fan control speed, I can do it manually which isn't too much of a pain, but automatic would be nice.

Yeah it must be off, I have the 2.24 version on my computer and I am using the latest drivers (Not the newest BETA ones though) Well an Nvidia centered tool should work, since the card is Nvidia:rolleyes:

Complete facepalm. I was reading someone else's sig when I posted that. Forgot you had a GTX 260. I saw 4870 and went from there.

Not sure why it would be incorrect. I'd just say it's wrong and not use it anymore for monitoring or fan adjustment either.

Back
Top Bottom