Graphics Card External Power

nstepho

In Runtime
I was reading a review of the AGP 6600gt and it said it required an external power source. Can anyone tell me if this is right, and if so, what would I need to do other than plug the card into the AGP slot? Sorry I am new to installing hardware.

For a 6600GT AGP...it just requires being plugged into the AGP slot and possibly a 4 pin molex connector in the back of it...nothing else though. No external power source.

Sorry I meant where does the molex connector from the graphics card go to. The motherboard?

The Power supply, the power supply powers the components including the motherboard with a 20 or 24 pin connector. All the 4 pin molex cables come out of the power supply.

And I won't have to buy anything seperate? It should come with the graphics card right?

Incase you mean the power supply coming with the graphics card....No. The video card needs to be ordered by itself...if it is put in a system with a power supply, which every system thats running has a power supply then you are fine with just buying the video card.

Back
Top Bottom