Graphics Card/Driver

cb600fshornet

Fully Optimized
Uhm, through forgetfulness and faults of my own, I have caused my GPU to overheat to such an extent my PC has shut itself down on various occasions.

Anyway, I now notice that on Flash Videos, with Hardware acceleration enabled, I get green blocks etc form on screen, and my display driver crashes.

Also, on the media encoding test on WEI, my display driver fails and restarts.

Occasionally on games even as low spec as San Andreas, I get large lag spikes which I never had before.

I've updated my driver to the newest, uninstalled it, reinstalled an older known working driver I had before, still the same.

So, be honest here, have I broke my card? lmfao

What graphics card is it? Is it old, new, second-hand? Either way, a card shouldn't be doing that so it probably is broken. Do you have a warranty? Can you RMA it?

I'd reckon you'd probably be better going for the 560(ti) equivalent - the 660(ti). I've currently got my fingers crossed for it costing around the £200 price bracket. However if you wanted a card now, the 7850 isn't bad

Max I'd be willing to pay is around the 150GBP mark really, so I think I'll wait a bit to either get the GTX 560 (Maybe Ti) or see what the 600 series still has to offer.

Not really a fan of ATI

Back
Top Bottom