Graphics card and PSU help

Redfrog42

Solid State Member
Right guys the problem im having now,
i have found the PSU i want to upgrade to which is the following
OCZ ModXStream Pro 600W PSU - 80+ & SLI Certified.. | Ebuyer.com
also i have found the graphics card i will upgrade to as followed
ZOTAC GeForce GTX 560 AMP! Edition 1024MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card [ZT-50702-10M]
i did some research found out this card needs two 6 pin connectors, this PSU gives 1 PCI-e 6 pin connector and 1 PCI-e 6+2 pin connector. what do i do? is their a way i can convert that 6+2 pin to a 6 pin connector? or does it not work like that? it works with my motherboard and their are the right number of sata's and other pin connectors for my system, just this little problem.
please help as im hoping to buy this PSU this week.
thanks

right okay ive done a bit more research, found this other PSU that has two pci-e 6 pins for that graphics card and its cheaper and also 80+ cert. but the only thing i want to check is whether it will be compatable for my motherboard and computer
i will send links to both
motherboard
GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket AM3 - GA-M68MT-S2P (rev. 3.0)
computer spec (where i bought it from)
VIBOX GT-F14 AMD QUAD CORE
ignore the graphics card cause im upgrading it to the one above
thanks.

What Mac said. Usually the + is just saying it's optional, like with the 20+4 connector for your motherboard; the connector can be used as 20 or 24. I'm glad to be a little reassured, though, because I'll be getting a GPU with an 8-pin, soon.

thanks for all of the help guys, im getting the new items now anyway cause that other psu is cheaper than the first one i popped up on here. quickly though, are " Peripheral" connectors also called? are they molex?
also will that power supply support my amd phenom 965 processor?

i cant remember correctly but the peripheral connectors are either SATA or molex connectors and yes it should support your phenom

Please avoid that processor if you still can; go for and OC the FX-4100. That Phenom gave me so much headache with its heat issues, and then I got the Bulldozer and it's a massive improvement. (it's also cheaper) The Phenom II x4 965 (I'm assuming this is what you're referring to) is a 125w CPU, so that might give you an idea of whether your PSU is sufficient. (I'm just being lazy and CBA to look up your PSU, since it's past 3am) If it's too late and you now have the Phenom, then I hope you have a kick-ass aftermarket cooler.

"quickly though, are " Peripheral" connectors also called? are they molex?"

I don't understand the question, here. :| Probably redundant now, anyway.

Back
Top Bottom