Graphic Card Error

Larisa

In Runtime
I've been reading about many computers stut... stut... suttering because of the graphics card and I think I have the same problem. I get the 2 short beeps after the first POST long beep which from what I can tell is a graphics card problem.

I've deleted all drivers and installed again, from the website not the disk. I'm at a lost as to what to do next. It doesn't stutter until I use the mouse. No problem stuttering when I use the keyboard.

I would appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance ... Larisa

Memtest has to be burnt to a CD - you need to open a program (such as CDBurner XP pro) that can actually burn the contents of the ISO file to disk, not the ISO file itself. Once you've burnt it, boot from the CD and leave memtest running for a good few hours to check if it reports any errors. You have to boot from the disk, it won't run in windows for technical reasons.

Also, is it just the mouse that stutters when you move it, or does the whole screen freeze?

Okay, will do.

Thanks!

Okay, I can't get it to boot from the disk. I downloaded MemTest to my hard drive, expanded the files, copied it to the CD, re-boot, but nothing. I get my usual Vista password screen. The CD is not a bootable disc or my DVD drive isn't the first/main bootable drive. I got my Vista to boot from the DVD drive so I don't know what the problem is.

:( :mad: :confused:

How are you burning the ISO? Might be worth retrying the burn again, something might've gone wrong somewhere that's prevented it from booting properly.

That should be fine as long as that tool works (no reason why it shouldn't!) I personally use http://cdburnerxp.se/ which I can confirm definitely works (selecting write disk from ISO image.)

Occasionally the write can go wrong though, so worth giving it another go if you haven't already.

For some reason, my DVD player doesn't recognize the blank CDs I put in but it does recognize game software DVDs I buy at the store. The CDs I use are old, do I need to buy new CDs for compatibility reasons? The CDs are probably 5-6 years old.

Goodnight guys, I'm going to bed soon.

Pleasant Dreams - Larisa

Back
Top Bottom