Graphic capability question...

inbrino

Baseband Member
Hi guys,

This probably sounds really dumb, but how do I figure out what graphic specs my laptop has? I want to play some games, I know I wont be able to play any high spec stuff but I wanted to figure out what my laptop could handle.

Thank you for any help given!

Yes, use the Futuremark 3DMark test to bench your computer. This will give us a general representation of how well your lap top handles 3D applications, which is what most of today's games use. Just run the test, and let us know what your score/s were. :)

Either that or he could...

Windows Logo Key + Pause/Break. Brings up the system information, click on the hardware tab, then click on Device Manager. Under Display settings it will list your monitor and video card I believe.

Case in point: There's a variety of ways to get your video card information as well as graphics capability. Just pick whichever you want. :) Either way, let us know what you're running. :)

I ran the future mark 3d test. This is what I got...

System Configuration
Operating System Microsoft Windows XP
DirectX Version 9.0

Mobo Manufacturer AceR, Inc.
Mobo Model Lugano M
AGP Rates (Current/Available) 8x / 4x 8x

CPU Unknown 800 MHz
FSB 400 MHz
Memory 448 MB

Graphics Chipset SiS 301C
Driver Name SiS M760GX
Driver Version 6.14.10.3654
Video Memory 64 MB

Program Version 3DMark2001 SE
Resolution 1024x768 32bit
Texture Format Compressed
FSAA Disabled
Z-Buffer Depth 32bit
Frame Buffer Double
Rendering Pipeline D3D Pure Hardware T&L

Detailed Test Results
3DMark Score 1594 3D marks

Is this any good? Any good for a laptop?

Im not really a PC gamer so Im not too bothered if its crap. I am curious though whether I could run emulators for ps0ne and N64. Can anybody tell me whether I am able to do this please? Also, this is probably pushing it, but am I able to play Gamecube and PS2 emulators? I dont care if I have to run them on the lowest possible settings, as long as they run smooth.

Thank all you guys for your help!!!!!

If your looking to emulate, it doesn"t really matter about your graphics too much. All long as you have Dx9, your set. Emulators put the toll on your cpu, not your graphics. Your laptop should be able to handle it. By the way, emulators and roms are illegal to have unless you actually own the game/console, and even then the copyright laws are still blurry, so emulate with caution.

Wow thanks! I didnt think that my laptop would be able to handle ps2 n GC emulators. Any other comments on my specs?

Uuum..CPu isan't amazing, but with a little more RAM, that laptop could be pretty good.

Whats the maximum supported memory on that thing?

Back
Top Bottom