Grandparents Computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wayniac

Daemon Poster
So I managed to jump onto my grandparents computer while I am away from home and let me tell you, it makes my computer seem like a friggen king! This thing has a whopping 164 MB of RAM with a "GenuineIntel Pentium(r) Processor," which leads me to my question. What kind of processor is that!? I've never even heard of "GenuineIntel." Whatever it is, let me tell you, this sucker is OLD. I guess the motherboard battery died on it not too long ago and my uncle had to get a new battery for them.:umm:

wow makes you appreciate how far technology has gone.. i cant imagine having to use one of those everyday (well i can but i dont want to use one :) ) but the genuineintel (r) just means its a orginal pentium 1 processor.. they don't usually tell you the MHz (pretty sure) of the old ones in system properties.. try and look for the specs at boot up

GenuineIntel is just the Pentium 1 eh? Well... I've never heard it called that before, but juding how slow this thing goes, I believe it. I am trying to download CPU-Z, but I am being sorely disappointed with the download time here. Not to mention that they're also on dial-up... ungh.

Pretty sure that CPU-Z 1.29 killed this thing, so I downloaded version 1.26. 160 MB of RAM (OH BOY!) and a whopping 230 MHz processor. I was going to try and overclock it a little, just to see what I could do, but I now realize that it'd be virtually pointless and I'd be doing nothing except wasting my time.

yeh im pretty sure that it would be a pentium 1 233mhz coz if it says genuineintel pentium(r) processor.. cpu-z most likely picked up the cpu's running speed (you know how processors are always 1 or 2 MHz out of the rated, like a 2.4ghz running at 2398MHz or sumfin) .. lol yeh u probly would waste ur time trying to o/c it

hey, that's not so bad, i have an old work computer with an 150mhz intel in it.

loaded windows 98 onto it too, works just fine.

mmm yeh old pentiums (like p1 and p2) work alrite (on old o/s) if they have like 128mb+ and a good hard drive.. some of the ones iv worked with b4 were actually suprising as to the responsiveness in windows etc. i hav seen quite a bit of difference with speed between dif chipsets as well for the p1 and p2 and also as to what they can handle comfortably.. we used to (stil do sumwher) hav a p2 333mhz and up'd the RAM to 256mB put a new 40gb hdd in it (sum time ago) and got XP to run on it comfortably after a bit of tweaking and used it for quite a long time actually :D lol..

i have a 166mhz p-1 with 32mgs of ram on a total of 4 sticks

i also have a p-1 166mhz with 8megs or ram on two sticks

totally suck eggs
but hey i gutted em
btw neone want the cpu?
works as far as i know
also got a 500 meg western digital caviar drive

The hard drive in this old thing is a whopping... get this... 2 GB. Look out now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom