GuitarFreak1857

Fully Optimized
My friend owns a custom gaming rig with these specs:

dfi lanparty ut nf4 ultra-d
amd athlon x2 4800+
ozc platinum 2gb
geforce 7800gt
sound blaster audigy

anyway. latley his monitor has been blacking out during BF2. this issue is because his video card is extremley overheating. under full load its about 60C. we compared temperatures last night, i've got a zalman VF900 on my card and i get about 40C load. so, my question is what could be causing this extreme overheating? i am aware that stock cooling is not the most efficient. but why is this happening now? the card is at stock speeds also

~thanks

thats not overheating at all. or at least it shouldn't be but it does vary from core to core. if you really believe it is overheating see if you can't find a temporary solution for it to test e.g. air con or fan blowing on card through open side of case. it could be a power or a driver issue. it could even be that the card is just crap.

nitestick said:
thats not overheating at all. or at least it shouldn't be but it does vary from core to core. if you really believe it is overheating see if you can't find a temporary solution for it to test e.g. air con or fan blowing on card through open side of case. it could be a power or a driver issue. it could even be that the card is just crap.

yeah, but why this all of the sudden? i'll check and see how old his drivers are. i don't think he could RMA it beacuse he didn't buy it from the manufacter he bought it with the computer. i suggest that he puts a VF900 on that, it should do the job. he had two huge fans blowing in on the side of his rig last night it really did nothing

It's not overheating. 60 degrees isn't hot. I would suggest that there are other issues with that video card and/or drivers. Run DXDiag and do a full analysis of Dx protocols. Otherwise, I wuld seriously be looking at buying another card or RMA the 7800gt.

RicoDirenzo said:
It's not overheating. 60 degrees isn't hot. I would suggest that there are other issues with that video card and/or drivers. Run DXDiag and do a full analysis of Dx protocols. Otherwise, I wuld seriously be looking at buying another card or RMA the 7800gt.

how can he RMA it, its not a custom build.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom