Got my x700, time to send my 7900gs in...

superman22x

Golden Master
Yeah, I have mentioned it before, my 7900gs has problems... I am sending it it for RMA. I have an x700 I got for $20 that I will be using for temp while my 7900 is being replaced, its going to suck, but o well. Missing all the cool games and everything. I probably wont be able to play crysis on the lowest settings.
I asked asus if there was anyway I could get the replacement 7900gs before I send my in, and they said I could, but they dont have my model in stock. Do you think they will give me a different card instead?

i bet they will give you some kind of credit (refund but not in cash) or else they might get you a worse card but as close to that model as possible

Erm, no. If they don't produce the model asked, they will replace it with an equivalent model. Let's say you return a p4V8X motherboard. They don't make that one anymore. They'll send you a P4S800.

For the 7900GS, they'll either send a 7900GT or a newer model, but it will be something like an 8600.

lol if they send you one before you sent them yours, it would be so pwnage cuz then you can lie and then not send the "broken" one in, meaning SLI :)

lol if they send you one before you sent them yours, it would be so pwnage cuz then you can lie and then not send the "broken" one in, meaning SLI :)

hmm i have a slight feeling they think of that before doing so, that would be considered illegal= court action

No, i forgot to mention the part where they make you put down the price of the card. I dont think asus makes the 7 series anymore, but I could be wrong. Maybe I'll get the 8600GTS, that wouldnt be bad, or even a GT.

Back
Top Bottom