got my P6T Deluxe today in the mail, but it was not sealed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Santuzzo

Daemon Poster
Hi,

I decided to put this in a new thread:

I received another delivery today, among other stuff I got the P6T Deluxe, but unlike the i7 CPU the P6T Deluxe was NOT sealed in any way (not by a sticker nor a plastic cover that's closed), so the box could have been opened and the mobo could have been connected and theoretically used.
This bothers me, and I was wondering if you guys have had any experiences like this?
Do you get Asus motherboards that are not sealed?

IIRC They do not put seals on their boxes.

I don't remember having one when I bought my abit board either.

It would be pretty obvious if it had been used as all the accessories come in little plastic bags.

I haven't myself that I can remember...I can't remember if they even come with seals. Just test it to see if it works, but if you really feel off about it, get it replaced.

OK, thanks a lot, guys ! I appreciate your help !

At first I thought it's weird, CPU's and GPU's are sealed (well, the ones I got), so I thought why would motherboards not ber sealed. But apparently the aren't.
So, this is in genreal with motherboards, or only certain manufactures do not seal their motherboards?

Hi,

I decided to put this in a new thread:

I received another delivery today, among other stuff I got the P6T Deluxe, but unlike the i7 CPU the P6T Deluxe was NOT sealed in any way (not by a sticker nor a plastic cover that's closed), so the box could have been opened and the mobo could have been connected and theoretically used.
This bothers me, and I was wondering if you guys have had any experiences like this?
Do you get Asus motherboards that are not sealed?

I have works in a computer store for 10 years. The magority of Motherboard, Video Cards, Sounds Cards that have come my way have never been sealed. One of the main reason is so that Distributors, Wholesalers and Retail Shops can easily put warranty tags on hardware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom