Got mugged, now the thief is going to sue me

hippie420

In Runtime
You want to hear a messed up story....

I was walking down the street and this guy tried to rob me. He pulled ut a knife and started thrusting it at me. I am trained in many martial arts, so it took little time to unarm him. I get hit in the face three times, then I snap. I broke his wrist, 2 ribs, and nearly bashed his head in {literally}.

The man went to jail; he was high on PCP when he tried to mug me. I was suprised that I won the fight considering PCP makes people abnormally strong and they feel no pain.

The messed up part is that he is trying to sue me for pain and suffering and I was only trying to protect myself. He had a weapon, was high on PCP, and was 30 years old. I am only a 17 year old young man. Now my lawyers are saying that he might win the lawsuit.

ANY IMPUT?

What the hell? That is frigged!!!I hope that he gets what he deserves. Typical throwing it back at you, what an ass hole. The trouble is he probbly couldnt of fighted someone his own age so picked on a teenager I would realy love him to meet my dad ;)

Self Defense is long and gone. Supposedly, you have the right to defend yourself, but now if you disarm a criminal, you cannot harm them anymore.

I can't believe that the US laws are going to protect a thug. How else are you supposed to subdue someone who is on PCP but to hurt them? Anyone have any ideas on that?

"To Raffaz and everyone else interested: I think I have rights to talk about the case, if not, I will brake the law in this manner.

Also, I haven't received summons to court, the lawyers that represented me in criminal court only got a letter from his lawyer saying that he is going to sue me and that he will settle out of court for $25,000 dollars. I think my lawyers are idiots, they are free legal aide. I am thinking of getting new lawyers. Sorry for leaving that out, just really overwhelmed."

Well this could only happen in the US, i think its completely out of control how people sue for anything overthere. Maybe try countersuing him for something to try and make him drop his. TBH tho if your lawyers cant come up with anything, then i doubt that we can. If it goes to court your just gonna have to make a sob story up. Oh, and another thing, can you even talk about it, considering that its an ongoing thing? You need to tread carefully here.

The law says that you can only use "reasonable force" to defend yourself, it's the same if you find a burglar robbing your home, one guy wrestled a burglar to the ground, & held him to the ground while he phoned the police, in the struggle, the intruder's wrist was broken, when the polce arrived, they took him & the burglar to the police station, he told them his elderly mother was upstairs & needed regular medication, when he was released five hours later his mother was very ill, he tried suing the police, not a chance.

hippie420 said:
I wonder if him being on PCP allows me to do what I did?
One major flaw there tho, how do you know he was on PCP at the time? The prosecution would tear you to pieces on that, how could you prove that you knew he was on PCP at that time, to justify your actions? Simple answer, you cant.

Raffaz said:
Self defense?
self defense has gone out of the window , for instance if you have a dog and somebody robs your house , your dog attacks the burgular , the dog still gets put down and you get prosecuted for keeping a dangerouse animal
just using that as an example , but that is how bad the law is

muz379 said:
self defense has gone out of the window , for instance if you have a dog and somebody robs your house , your dog attacks the burgular , the dog still gets put down and you get prosecuted for keeping a dangerouse animal
just using that as an example , but that is how bad the law is
Yeah but there are daft loopholes in these things, thats what your lawyer is there for to try and exploit these.

Back
Top Bottom