Got an RC Helicopter!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a E-flite blade cx. Upgraded to aluminum parts. Gave up on that thing after 2 months of flying. I could not for the life of me control it. God knows how many blades I went through.

Yeh..lol.

I didn't touch my dads chopper until i put in about 50hours on the sim, where i was confident i could hover in any wind direction, both with the nose facing me and facing away from me, and fly in a figure of 8 and remain stable. It is to expensive to just pick up and play on the bigger things, each crash costs between £75 and £150 money me nor my dad have lieing around everytime it breaks :p

I've been thinking about getting an RC heli just to see what kind of stuff/ideas I can come up with to customise it with :D
Range sensor, long distance spy camera, bomber, iuno...
my cousin got me those fart machines with the remote... I was thinking of strappin it to the bottom of his big Heli! :lol:

Perhaps a flight sim for RC copters might help? Cheaper than going through tons of blades.
It really depends on what chopper you start with.. a full 4 channel controller and receiver helps a LOT! It took me about 2 weeks to get comfortable with flying it.. That one I've got is a Heli-Max CX, I think it was maybe $110. cheap plastic blades and cheap landing gear.. cheap parts, but it takes a hit VERY well! Stuff is GOING to break.. the replacements are cheap.

Perhaps a flight sim for RC copters might help? Cheaper than going through tons of blades.

Didn't have the patience. The DVD they ship it w/ shows people in an open gym doing tricks. I didn't want to learn I just wanted to fly. It was an impulse buy anyways and found out it wasn't for me. It sat in my attic for months before I sold it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom