Got a Call to set up a job interview... Research pays! -SCAM!

Antec-User

Papa Chester
Glad I found this out before hand!!

I got an email from a recruiter from United American Insurance, he said that they found my Resume on Career Builder.com and that they were interested in expanding and opening a Branch here in town.. I set it up for this coming Tuesday.

I Googled the name and found PAGES UPON PAGES UPON PAGES of, "United American SCAM!.... RIP-OFF!!...........Customer complaints; United American insurance."

It kind of threw a flag in my mind as soon as I talked with the guy... For ONE; my resume on Careerbuilder.com is for a Civil Engineer/Heavy Equipment Operator. And they said they needed Management, I have NO degree, just Military leadership Training and 6 years of the Military under my belt... WTH do they want me for???

Good thing I did my home work... I'm gonna call that guy back on Monday and tell him to shove it up his @**.. Preying on Unemployed people in these economic times isn't even cool. I hope he burns in Wo0t and I hope he gets indicted and catches a wicked lawsuit for recruiting the wrong person.

Anyway... GOOD THING I DID SOME HW on these crooks!

When I first put my resume on Monster a couple years ago I got a call or two from some insurance companies. Not sure if these are the same ones but they sounded shady as **** over the phone. Same thing happened with my mom. A little research definitely pays, these are not people you want to get involved with! Any time they're asking for ss# and such over the phone should be an immediate red flag to all of us job seekers out there.

This guy seemed really shady just over the phone.. It's like all he wanted to say was "Yeah, Tuesday @ 11:00 am.. Here's the directions." I asked him a couple questions and he stumbled.. ........ Odd...........

Yes I got a call from these guys about 2 years ago myself. At the time they called I setup an appointment.

I did the same thing and went online to check them out.

Needless to say I missed the interview.

They called me back to reschedule. Which I thought was interesting because originally they were only in town for one day and they had worked me into their schedule. How nice of them.

I asked them if they had internet. Told them to use google and search for their company. I said they could call me back if after reading the information they would want to work for their company.

They never called back.

If it sounds to good to be true... Do your homework.

I asked them if they had internet. Told them to use google and search for their company. I said they could call me back if after reading the information they would want to work for their company.

That's almost EXACTLY what I was going to tell them! LOL! The internet can be a real pain to people.. I'll explain more after TF2 comes out.. It involved a buddy of mine..

^ That and I honestly would never trust a company like that with my personal info anyways. They're willing to go to great lengths to screw people over so how can you trust them with your docs?

Got a lot of these emails and calls from companies like this the past few months. Just gotta do your homework. I seriously get about one email a week in regards to 'here is your opportunity' or 'be the only insurance rep in your area.' All wanting to jump head-over-heels to setup and interview.

Stuff like that i never bother with. For one my goal wasn't to sell insurance and two i do my homework on the companies before I ever call them back (even when they call legitimately for an interview).

Good post. Another scam in my eyes SetFocus. SetFocus posts positions on Monster and Careerbuilder. Call them up and they aren't positions at all but in fact 'openings' for their 'specialized' classes. Just BS they post these in a JOB FORUM. All this after you take an online 'assessment' for an hour.

Back
Top Bottom