Google to make OS

I'm looking forward to testing it out. I'm sure Microsoft could use some more competition, I just hope we the consumers don't end up paying for the ensuing battle.

Why would we pay? linux is free.... If anything it just means the cost of windows software goes down.

It says that it is only for netbooks, using the same method for the web browser Google Chrome

Speed, and simpleness

Yeah I heard about this today. I will be one of the people who give it a shot. I mean it can't hurt to get microsoft some competition. Might end up being good. Worth a shot though I mean if it works well then with the amount of people who don't like microsoft there is a HUGE market for it. But it is going to take a very long time before it gets into the mainstream just because of the amount of normal users that are accustomed to using the windows OS.

Eh. I suppose it could be cool. I will probably give it a try. Depending how it is, I may keep it.

Although who wants to bet on new system files ".goog and/or .google".

It says its going to be built off a Linux Kernal, and be Open Source.
I don't see it as being an actual replacement OS in most cases.

Their marketing it as a netbook OS. A lot of people will buy a netbook with a linux OS because of the low price and just learn to love it. So i suppose if Google can get it onto systems there a good chance for take off

But linplus is getting out there on the netbook front. People wont be picking it up to install on machines but that doesn't mean that Google wont get any market

Back
Top Bottom