Google times out on one computer on the network

lhamil64

In Runtime
I have a really weird problem. I've posted this on another forum but nobody could figure it out.
On my computer, Google times out no matter if I use the domain or the IP. I can get to Gmail, but anything with google.com in the domain times out. I can ping Google though.
This is the only computer on my network that does this. I can get to Google from my iPod Touch and every other computer on my network.

This is really annoying because I have Google set as my home page and it always times out.

Is Google the only site that times out?

Can you connect to any other sites?

Yes. Google is the only website that does this.
I have also done virus, spyware, and maleate scans and cleaned anything found.

Do you have any Internet Explorer Addons/Toolbars installed...
If so uninstall them,

• Close All Applications
  • Browse to C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer
  • Right Click the Internet Explorer icon
  • Click on the Compatibility Tab
  • Check mark the box near "Disable Visual Themes"
  • Click OK

Try now and check whether you are able to browse Google or not

Well, I use firefox as my browser and this problem occurs in every web browser on my computer (ff, ie, chrome, and opera)

I was able to get to google in a proxy. I don't understand why I can ping google but not access it..

Firefox in safe mode didn't work. Weird, I just tried going to google images and that works. I can even do image searches but the main web search doesn't work. This is a really weird problem..

Did you uninstall all of the Addons for Firefox? Google Toolbar is the first if it is installed because sometimes if the Google Toolbar is disabled then it somehow also blocks Google website..

I don't have Google toolbar installed on my computer because I just use the built in search in firefox. I don't think it would be any addons because Google times out in every browser I have on my computer.
I could still try uninstalling all my addons though.

Host file to an ip that times out? Sounds like it to me.. I mean if google images works.. Although I'm not sure if images.google.com would be covered with google.com. Unless of course the entered key is www.google.com....

Back
Top Bottom