Google Revenue

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhgunit

Daemon Poster
Where does google get the billions in revenue from?

I don't know if I have ever clicked on a sponsored link when using google. I am sure they get a lot of revenue that way, but where does the rest come from?

advertisers pay to get their website on AdSense, and when someone clicks on the AdSense you get a portion of the money they are paying Google. And of course a bunch of other complicated things such as people investing in their stock. Also, im not 100% sure about this but I think Google Checkout takes out a small amount of money (like a Tax if you will).

People pay to get their sites higher in the results. That is probably the bulk of revenue right there.

I've read an article awhile back that google got paid just for people CLICKING on the ads but not making a purchase, and someone sued and google had to pay back like few millions to the advertisers

so anytime anyone searched for an item on google and purchased, google take a cut I guess

People pay to get their sites higher in the results. That is probably the bulk of revenue right there.

yep...

i.e when someone types in Apple...the first think you see is Apple (the company) because they have paid money (probably a lot) to be the first link.

this is VERY competitive because most people never go past the first page of search results. so company's pay BIG money to get their site on that first page.

I use ADWords for my website as a form of advertising and that cost me a bunch of $$$. Thats one source.

"How does Google make money? What is driving the company's growth?

Today, the majority of our revenue comes from advertising.

Advertisers are increasingly turning to the Internet to market their products and services. Google AdWords, our auction-based advertising program, enables advertisers to deliver relevant ads targeted to search queries or web content to potential customers across Google sites and through the Google Network, which consists of content owners and websites. Our proprietary technology automatically matches ads to the content of the page on which they appear, and advertisers pay us either when a user clicks on one of its ads or based on the number of times their ads appear on the Google Network.

We distribute our advertisers' AdWords ads for display on the Google Network through our AdSense program. We share most of the revenue generated from ads shown on a site of a Google Network member with that member."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom