goodbye us downloaders

Shouldn't the thread title be Goodbye UK downloaders?

Or are you referencing yourself as the downloader?

There are so many ways to get illegal content without actually sharing the file yourself. They can be hosted through 3rd party accounts or newsgroups. Heck even google can be used to download music or video's if you know how to search via indexing. This is such a waste of time for the ISP's. They will initiate this program and another generation of pirating media content will evolve. There are all kinds of things going on in the world of ISP's these days. Metered usage, P2P throttling, etc etc.

If you want to stay up to date on whats going on with ISP's as far as future plans, in depth details on upcoming tech and a host of tech info you should check out dslreports.com They have a excellent news section that I visit daily to get details on the latest news and trends. Wish we could get a news section like that, there forum has so much to offer there. Here is a link to the news section which is updated throughout the day.

http://www.dslreports.com/overview?v=p&s=d&p=w

I also agree with Muz and Joga we have more important things to worry about let alone crap like this.

i think* ive got it all covered lol.

get a proxy for my torrents and as far as songs are going they will either moved to torrents or get them from youtube convert them to .avi and ripp the music from them.

or jus play the youtube video and record the sound from it.
on another note i think they are pathetic for doing this, the amount of other crimes that go on and they choose piracy,

the knock off nigel advert is sooooo pointless they dont say, knockoff nigel downloads pirate films and he could get arrested or cut off the internet, they literally just say knockoff nigel downloads pirate films ............

concentrate on pedophiles for crist sake there commiting more internet crime than i am.

Knock off Nigel is my hero :D

But in all seriousness this issue isnt harming tha actual artists as much as the big wigs would have you think , in fact illegal pirating prolly even does them some good because they dont actually make much money from album sales the record companies take most of that whereas the artists make loads of money from gigs and merchandise sales at gigs ,and file sharing of their music makes it spread around quickly and effectively meaning more people listen to the music generating more interest in the band meaning Gig crowds get bigger and so they make more money that way so the only people who are actually loosing out considerably is the fat cat bosses of record companies who are exploiting these artists already
oh yer and buying CD's and DVD's from a shop is bad for your carbon footprint
Secondly i would purchase my music legally if 2 things happened
1) the prices of online music where lowered to a more apropriate level , considering i can actually find some albums cheaper in shops on CD than from online stores such as I tunes and how can this be if you get a CD case and inlay card from the shop but not from i tunes , This means they are making even more profit from you because distrobuting music via i tunes is considerably cheaper then by CD's so i think the price of online music should come down a lot before i am willing to part with my cash for it

2)they get rid of DRM off purchased music ,Ive paid over the odds for this music and now you are telling me what i can and cant do with it . Thats like them saying you can only a play a CD in the first CD player you put it in which is quite clearly BS

Piracy is never something they are going to be able to completely wipe out and i know its wrong and not moral to pirate you should purchase it legally we all do it for whatever reason . i think the main reason its so popular though is because when given a choice between paying for something or getting it illegally with little risk of being caught people are going to chose the method whereby they dont have to pay

Just a shame the government has decided to back this rather than pumping more money into online protection of children from pedophiles
or put more money into reducing knife crime
or put mroe money into initiatives stopping people being scammed online via identity theft and other such things
or the endless list of things that's wrong with this country instead of backing some big business record companies most of which arent even from our country anyway

I've been looking for an excuse to leave Tiscali, looks like this is it. Tiscali are a balls ISP, speeds are erratic and usually pretty slow and it's not even that cheap.

I've been looking for an excuse to leave Tiscali, looks like this is it. Tiscali are a balls ISP, speeds are erratic and usually pretty slow and it's not even that cheap.

Be Broadband FTW. triple the speed tiscali can give u as they use ADSL2+ FREE STATIC IP 1mb upload

do bebroadband have a fair usage policy?

well i hope my ISP doesnt join in with this otherwise i would be screwed, here is what ive downloaded since i got my laptop march last year:

ive never had fair usage problems. i guess its only if you download an absolute ton of stuff and put serious pressure on the isp.

well heres the blacklist of other pirate bad isp's
BT, Virgin, Orange, Tiscali, BSkyB and Carphone Warehouse

Back
Top Bottom