Good vid card for BF2?

jon2231

Daemon Poster
Can anyone reccomend a video card that will run BF2 on high settings, for around 100 - 150 dollars?

heres the problem. just because you have a good video card to run it on high your going to need sufficent ram. they recommend 1 gig but your better off with 2 gigs.

with the graphics card. i'd invest in an EVGA 6660.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814130232

it won't run BF2 on high but everything on medium or some settings on high. the high end gfx cards that could run BF2 on high are like $400.00 and its a waste because in a couple of months DX 10 is coming out and it will make all gfx cards useless unless you have a high end gfx card.

So I should probably go with the 6600, instead of getting anything better, and MORE expensive, sinse DX 10 is coming out.

On the topic, which of these two would be a better setup:

7600GT and 1GB DDR SDRAM

or

6600GT and 2GB DDR SDRAM

thanks!

i would get the 6600gt. since dx10 is coming out in a few more months, it would be silly to spend extra money on a videocard right now.

yea, plus BF2 on medium graphics looks good anyways... i can run on high but it recommends med. so i just use that with 2X anti-alising :)

99nasha said:
You need a 1gb of ram to run BF2. No point of even having it with 512

Yeah it's gonna be tough with 512. I played it with 512mb and a fx5700 and it ran pretty well, only very little lag, most of the time none. Of course lowest graphics, and it really didn't look that good anymore. :D

I'd say a good vid card would be like a 6800GT, just find a used one and u should be able to buy it with ur budget. And the dx10 cards will probably come out either q4 of 06 or q1 of 07, so it's still going to be a while.

Jon. said:
So I should probably go with the 6600, instead of getting anything better, and MORE expensive, sinse DX 10 is coming out.

yeah might as well or get the 6800 as someone else said here already, but if you want a cheap card thats good go for the 6600

Back
Top Bottom