Good upgrade? Nay or Yay?

You like Nay or Yay don't you :p

PROCESSOR:

I do have another suggestion though. Check out the Processors section of the forum. Words are out that prices will be dropping on dual cores in the next month or so, and may be a better investment than to get a single core, budget processor like the 3500+

(I have it, and its a great processor, but in the next month, dual core will surpass this valued processor)

So I'd check out that :)

RAM:

I'd think about getting 2x 512mb sticks, that are Dual Channel Compatable. You should get a performance boost from doing this, over using just one stick. They usually come in pairs, and cost about the same as a single chip.

PSU:

I don't know too much about these to specifiy, but 550 Watts should be plenty!

MOTHERBOARD:

If you decided to change the processor, this would probably have to change also.

I hope this helps :)

lol. Yes, yes I do. :)

Dang, you pretty much gave me all new parts to look for lol. It's all good though, don't wanna get screwed with bad parts :p

Thanks for the suggestions again man.

I wouldn't say bad parts, but better parts? Oh yes :p

No problems :D

I have a small problem, I was wondering if you could help or should I start a new thread?

I just got a new case, put all my parts in. But I can't find the positions for these cables..

4.jpg

(not my cables, took em from this site: http://sysbuild.corsairmemory.com/report.aspx?id=2&sid=9)

To even start my rig, I have to press the restart button.

The power button doesn't work, or the front LED lights.

Right, if you have the motherboard manual, this will help you greatly, since it'll tell you exactly where to put them :p

If not, what motherboard do you have? I'll hunt for the motherboard manual to download.

I also found this the hardest part of building my system. Very fiddly.

Wait a second... aren't you getting a new motherboard? So you got a new case too? I'm utterly confused... not that I'd be helpful anyway. I'm probably the most inquisitive, yet least helpful member in this entire community. :(

Maybe hes building two systems :D

Or he has some secret government machine that sends out new equipment in the blink of an eye by use of particle break down :p

Back
Top Bottom