Good upgrade for cooling?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepsiboy700

Fully Optimized
I am thinking of buying this with the $238 bucks I got:

Thermaltake SOPRANO VB1000BWS Black Steel/Plastic ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail

FSP Group (Fortron Source) AX450-PN, 12cm FAN, version 2.0, 2 SATA, PCI Express, 450W Power Supply - Retail

Thermaltake A2017 90mm 1 Ball, 1 Sleeve Blue LED Light Case Cooling Fan - Retail

2x SILVERSTONE FM121 120mm 2 Ball Case Cooling Fan - Retail

ARCTIC COOLING AVC-AT5 Rev. 2 72mm Ceramic High Performance VGA Cooler for ATi - Retail

Link Depot 36" ATA133 UV Cable 3-Connector Model UV-ATA36-SL-3 - Retail

LG Beige E-IDE/ATAPI DVD-ROM Drive Model GDR-8164BB - OEM

My current computer is:

MSI PM8M-V Motherboard

1GB Kingston Value Ram 2x512mb (Dual Channel?)
x800gto modded to x800xl oc'ed to 425/1050
3 HD's - 30gb Maxtor 55gb Seagate 120gb Maxtor All 7200rpm
Crap Compaq DVD-ROM
Foxconn Psu modded to accept another 4pin power plug

I was going to get the Psu for sure for saftey so i figured that was decent.

I am getting reader because this one is like 7 years old and its slooooow.

The cooler is for my video card which heats up like a mofo. With just an extra fan I can get the temps from 55 to 48. So weird!

I was getting the case because this old one is small and flimsy and the fans because my room is so loud in general I really wouldnt notice it.

I got the cables because I wanted enough room to flip hds around and so nothing would be tight.

Seem like a good edition to keep good low temps and style?

Note: Didnt get a new cpu cooler because that 90mm fan will blow so much air on cooler and it already idles at 32 degrees celcius with I guss 40 on load.

Anyone got an ideas? Or suggestions. Max spend limit is $250.

buy a custom water cooling system like dangerden's and if you can affored a 3D Aurora of Gigabyte, will fit great for any w/c system.

what about the CPU?
I have a Thermaltake Sonic Tower on my CPU (it works on every current socket except AM2)
with 1 x 120MM fan, my Sempron (overclocked) gets 32ºC max
when I added another 120mm fan, the max went down to 27ºC (it can hold 2 x 120mm fans)
the cooler is very quiet aswell

that's with the CPU at a constant 100% load all the time

I'd say a Pentium 4 would be higher than that though....
and also you'd have to check if it would fit in your case (especially with 2 x 120mm fans on each side)

I wa being sarcastic because I know you cant buy both a good water cooling system and the case since I think it would come to about $400. But I didnt want to get a cpu cooler because just with a 80mm fan pulling air out I get those temps. Two high power 120mm on both ends and a 90mm blowing on it, im good I hope. Plus this case is crap. Dont worry guys around Christmas I am going to make a Am2 and G80 system with Water Cooling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom