Good reliable Broadband companies for the UK

GlasseyeUK said:
Sky Sports News used to stay on my tv continuously throughout the weekend, keep on top of the football....it is sorely missed!!!

Well cept when there is a game on anyway...

oh you lost sky sports news. i thought you meant like the news 24 channel. oh i spose that sucks then :(

Raffaz said:
What made you change from AOL then, was it price? Loads of people complain about them, but i must be one of the lucky ones coz i never get disconnected. The pc is downloading 24/7 and its uncapped. I dont know of any other top providers who arent capped.
a lot of companies say unlimited and then in the small pring they say "subject to fair usage policy " which sort of says that it isnt unlimited , it would be much clearer if it was either just UNLIMITED full stop or they set a limit not this subjet to fair usage policy crap

Raffaz said:
What made you change from AOL then, was it price? Loads of people complain about them, but i must be one of the lucky ones coz i never get disconnected. The pc is downloading 24/7 and its uncapped. I dont know of any other top providers who arent capped.

At the time it was because you had to use their software, and it used to kill my computer, also at the time there was no anytime package so I had to pay per a connection.

I never really had a problem with the connection thing either it was more the fact that I used to be on the internet all the time, I think the most expensive phone bill was about £600 or something like that....

Since I returned from the states I have had NTL in every property because they were usually rented and most landlords object to having a sky dish but don't to cable so that route was easier...

AOL looks good then if its unlimited. I dont use the software anyway that comes with the BB. Hate my pc cluttered up lol. This fair usage sucks tho, cos their ideas of fair usage differ greatly from mine ;)

Anubis1980 said:
AOL looks good then if its unlimited. I dont use the software anyway that comes with the BB. Hate my pc cluttered up lol. This fair usage sucks tho, cos their ideas of fair usage differ greatly from mine ;)
dont use software with AOL and you are good , i hate fair usage too , it is realy false advertising seling unlimited as unlimited but subject to a fair usage policy , their idea of fairuse maybe 20gb but mine might be 50gb

muz379 said:
have heard AOL are ok if you do not use their software and i have also heard there customer service is quite good , is this true
If i use their customer service, i do it online. Its an indian call centre and its easier to understand typing.:)
muz379 said:
a lot of companies say unlimited and then in the small pring they say "subject to fair usage policy " which sort of says that it isnt unlimited , it would be much clearer if it was either just UNLIMITED full stop or they set a limit not this subjet to fair usage policy crap
Yeah, i know this mate. I download at least 80gig a month and i never have problems, i think the fair usage comes down to the individual company.

So Raffaz ur on AOL then yeah? and u download 80 a month and no complaints, thats the kinda company i want. What tarrif thing r u on? i dont know much about AOL ill check them out, thanx :)

Raffaz said:
If i use their customer service, i do it online. Its an indian call centre and its easier to understand typing.:)

Yeah, i know this mate. I download at least 80gig a month and i never have problems, i think the fair usage comes down to the individual company.
i am on orange , 2 gig a month , cos i am poor , dont do much downloading , if i need something big do it at school .

and i have used online support for mcafee cos i cant understand the people in India over a poor line

Anubis1980 said:
So Raffaz ur on AOL then yeah? and u download 80 a month and no complaints, thats the kinda company i want. What tarrif thing r u on? i dont know much about AOL ill check them out, thanx :)
Its platinum.:)

Back
Top Bottom