Good Phone Under $200?

I have the LG X Power, I bought it for $10($100 reg) on cricket wireless with no contract. Surprisingly this phone works extremely well, I feel like I've been robbed all these years with the most high end smartphones. My Samsung Galaxy S5 that broke a month ago cost in total over $700! and yet the LG performs similarly. I don't think I'll ever go back to the top tier phones from Apple and Samsung. I was originally getting this as a temporary phone until the S8 came out, but now I'm pretty certain I'll just upgrade to some Hawaui, One, or ZenPhone I've heard Trotter rave about every few months.

I have the LG X Power, I bought it for $10($100 reg) on cricket wireless with no contract. Surprisingly this phone works extremely well, I feel like I've been robbed all these years with the most high end smartphones. My Samsung Galaxy S5 that broke a month ago cost in total over $700! and yet the LG performs similarly. I don't think I'll ever go back to the top tier phones from Apple and Samsung. I was originally getting this as a temporary phone until the S8 came out, but now I'm pretty certain I'll just upgrade to some Hawaui, One, or ZenPhone I've heard Trotter rave about every few months.

If my wife hadn't decided to take my ZF2 over I would sell it to you. I just upgraded to a ZTE Axon 7 so she is moving from her Moto G to the Zenfone.

I have had the S5 since my contract for nearly 4 years. My company now sells phones on the verizon network for cheap so I picked up a Note 4 for $120. Only draw back is switching over to Verizon. They offer monthly plans -- so here is hoping!

That's because as far as i can tell from online specs, it's near identical to the s5 in terms of processing power. The only reason you should want to get a top tier phone are OS updates and ensuring that you will have at least community support far after the unit was discontinued. Mid-range priced devices usually did not have those, apart from the Nexus. But if you don't mind the lack of updates and you aren't too demanding on your phone, a mid ranger should do perfectly. Personally I only get top tier phones because my contract allows me to get them for free every 2 years.

That's because as far as i can tell from online specs, it's near identical to the s5 in terms of processing power.
Personally I only get top tier phones because my contract allows me to get them for free every 2 years.

Are you sure yours doesn't say free upgrade? I had my S5 for two years with sprint and the free upgrade wasn't actually free, it was just the "upgrade fee" of $35 waived. :mad:

+ The international version has a low powered snapdragon 420 or something, weak compared to the S5. The US version I have has a slightly weaker Mediatek CPU. I don't play games on my phone so it gets the job done, with some chugging here and there. I'm sure a $300 phone would have more than enough power for me though.
Not sure how these phones will go as far us software support after 6 months.... I'm thinking because a lot of these use near-stock android it will at least receive the next firmware update.

Last edited:
Are you sure yours doesn't say free upgrade? I had my S5 for two years with sprint and the free upgrade wasn't actually free, it was just the "upgrade fee" of $35 waived. :mad:

+ The international version has a low powered snapdragon 420 or something, weak compared to the S5. The US version I have has a slightly weaker Mediatek CPU. I don't play games on my phone so it gets the job done, with some chugging here and there. I'm sure a $300 phone would have more than enough power for me though.
Not sure how these phones will go as far us software support after 6 months.... I'm thinking because a lot of these use near-stock android it will at least receive the next firmware update.
I'm not in the US so I don't have to deal with the crazy carrier policies there nor how they butcher the firmware causing several problems or making it slower compared to international variants (which I have).

Hi Billspill! If you are urgently looking for a device, I suggest that you check on eBay or Amazon! You will easily find second hand smartphones on any of these sites. You can also check relevant Facebook groups, individuals post on it every day and finding a good deal is not very hard!

Hi Billspill! If you are urgently looking for a device, I suggest that you check on eBay or Amazon! You will easily find second hand smartphones on any of these sites. You can also check relevant Facebook groups, individuals post on it every day and finding a good deal is not very hard!

I wouldn't recommend this, so many fake batteries and chargers these days. Fake iPhones going around China also

Back
Top Bottom